• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I took the kiddos over to my parents Saturday. Pops had trimmed some limbs around the yard so I helped him pick up sticks. Under on oak branch I found a dead baby skunk. Asked dad if he popped a skunk, answer was no. Went to the next tree and under a branch was another dead baby. Odd observation.

Does anyone know if skunks bury their dead? Pops and I figured they died and the mother stashed them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought they were going to be in the middle of the road...

[video=youtube;Uu5hzc2Mei4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5hzc2Mei4[/video]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This seems to be a very big year for all sorts of varmints. I've seen more babies and adult critters than have seen in years. 2-3 times as many of the regular annuals like squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies, turtles also.

I'm always worried skunks will decide to nest in the barn or under the house here. I'm concerned every time I smell one. Luckily that is rare though. Maybe once a year I'll smell a skunk, always at night. Happily, the smell is always gone the next day.

Hardly any skunks killed on the road in this immediate vicinity. I don't know what runs the skunks off from this area, but I'm happy it does.

Top Bottom