• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I picked up a very nice Tenpoint Titan Extreme crossbow a few years back out of the INGO classifieds. It shoots great, but hangs on the wall collecting dust and cobwebs most of the year.

Every year prior to archery season I shoot a few bolts to verify zero and knock off the dust. Zero has never changed and the darned thing is nearly practice free to 50 yards.

Most years I have intention to hunt archery season, but other outdoor activities and life get in the way. The x-bow stays hung on the wall, ready for duty in case bold or dumb venison happens to grace my backyard at an opportune time.

I'm curious about what I should be doing for maintenance on this very nice piece of equipment? Inspection?

Years back, I had a compound bow string break on me at full draw. On top of really smacking my wrist hard, finding all the parts to put that bow back together was a problem. It'd be really nice to avoid that again.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I have the exact setup, but I do shoot it a little bit more, but it much more than you describe. I believe ten point recommends string and cable replacement every other year, if memory serves. I think that seems excessive, seeing as it doesn’t see much use. I’ve changed every three years, for fear of what you describe. This will start year six for this bow...I’ll replace after this season. Agree, great bow that holds zero perfect. It’s my only weapon for both spring and fall turkey. Good stuff!

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    It’s been a couple years, but $150ish seems about right. Last time I used Bucks and Jakes(Evansville area), because I was traveling to sw Indiana regularly and they were available. I bought the bow at the outdoorsman and will likely use them again. Honey Creek Tackle would be my second choice if Outdoorsman doesn’t work out.

Top Bottom