• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Lincoln State Park has everything except a range. Nearest range is 15 mins at Dave's Gun Shop. You can shoot pretty much all you want for 10 bucks a day. Holiday World is 5 miles away. As an added bonus I'm close enough that you might get to hang out with me. ;)

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Brookville Lake at the Quakertown part of the park (that's the northern part of the Lake). You can do all three there. Not far from your Ripley County. Unlike that fake lake in your Ripley County they call Versailles State Park ( I tease you on that because my in-laws live next to Versailles and my sons and wife spend a lot of summer kayaking on the shallow Versailles Lake). Brookville has so-so fishing but better than Versailles and Brookville has a shooting range too at Quakertown (call for their hours since they vary a lot).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Brookville Lake at the Quakertown part of the park (that's the northern part of the Lake). You can do all three there. Not far from your Ripley County. Unlike that fake lake in your Ripley County they call Versailles State Park ( I tease you on that because my in-laws live next to Versailles and my sons and wife spend a lot of summer kayaking on the shallow Versailles Lake). Brookville has so-so fishing but better than Versailles and Brookville has a shooting range too at Quakertown (call for their hours since they vary a lot).

Sounds good. Thanks to all for your recommendations.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

The Brookville Reservoir tailwater area can be pretty decent fishing at times, certainly better than the lake depending on what you want to catch. Rainbow and brown trout as well as catfish are plentiful with some walleyes thrown in.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    [/B]

The Brookville Reservoir tailwater area can be pretty decent fishing at times, certainly better than the lake depending on what you want to catch. Rainbow and brown trout as well as catfish are plentiful with some walleyes thrown in.

It used to be but every time for the past few years that I have went to the Reservoir there are so many Fly Fisherman there - even down stream by the Legion post and the park. A lot of the fly fisherman are groups of Asian males. They must come to camp just to fly fish for the trout. I don't fly fish so it makes it a little tough for bank fishing when guys are wading right through your line.
    If you have a boat (or you can rent one from the Marina) you can catch some walleye and some striped bass on the lake too.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It used to be but every time for the past few years that I have went to the Reservoir there are so many Fly Fisherman there - even down stream by the Legion post and the park. A lot of the fly fisherman are groups of Asian males. They must come to camp just to fly fish for the trout. I don't fly fish so it makes it a little tough for bank fishing when guys are wading right through your line.
    If you have a boat (or you can rent one from the Marina) you can catch some walleye and some striped bass on the lake too.

I haven't been there in a few years but even then I made it a point to try to avoid weekends, get there before dawn and leave when it started to get crowded. At normal water levels it is pretty easy to wade but the water is way too cold for wet wading of course.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Tippacona state park in Winamac Indiana.

Yes and no on this. The range is technically on the Winamac FWA property which is less than 10 minutes from the Tippecanoe state park to the FWA ranges. I have friends who camp at Tippecanoe SP and go shooting at the Winamac FWA ranges regularly. Both state properties none the less and great locations.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Yes and no on this. The range is technically on the Winamac FWA property which is less than 10 minutes from the Tippecanoe state park to the FWA ranges. I have friends who camp at Tippecanoe SP and go shooting at the Winamac FWA ranges regularly. Both state properties none the less and great locations.

You should reread your signature about the whole
    " Yes and no on this. The range is technically on the Winamac FWA property which is less than 10 minutes from the Tippecanoe state park " :):

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    You should reread your signature about the whole
    " Yes and no on this. The range is technically on the Winamac FWA property which is less than 10 minutes from the Tippecanoe state park " :):

Its all good. I was just simply stating that the rifle range is not inside the Tippecanoe State park? That's all.:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom