Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Open Fields Doctrine -- Ever Heard Of It?

  1. #11
    Grandmaster Cameramonkey's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    I wonder how a trail cam holds up to a shotgun blast?
    Instead, it sure would be a shame if you decided to cut down a few of your trees, if you know what I mean. Even more tragic if they happened to fall the direction the camera was pointed, ruining it. I'd probably leave the camera next to the stump. (or whats left of it) I'd hate to be accused of stealing .gov property. (you know some redneck scoping your land for hunting isnt installing cell uplinked trail cams)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

  2. #12
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    It looks to me like Section 11 of the Indiana Constitution needs to be amended. It presently mirrors the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. How about we ask all of our state reps. and senators to support an amendment to include "open fields, and open spaces up to the boundaries of the private ownership of land, buildings, and waters"?
    What freedom-loving person would oppose that?
    ziggy

  3. #13
    Master

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    It looks to me like Section 11 of the Indiana Constitution needs to be amended. It presently mirrors the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. How about we ask all of our state reps. and senators to support an amendment to include "open fields, and open spaces up to the boundaries of the private ownership of land, buildings, and waters"?
    What freedom-loving person would oppose that?
    You make an enormous assumption that the majority is freedom loving and C-19 has proven that wrong...

  4. #14
    Master fullmetaljesus's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It's interesting to me that the guy got charged for baiting birds. So was it maybe more of a sting or open investigation vs random camera placement?

    If these were in fact random and they are basically performing warrantless searches then it's a problem.


    Regardless of my feelings about the doctrine. I feel we are missing a lot of details here.

  5. #15
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    It's interesting to me that the guy got charged for baiting birds. So was it maybe more of a sting or open investigation vs random camera placement?

    If these were in fact random and they are basically performing warrantless searches then it's a problem.


    Regardless of my feelings about the doctrine. I feel we are missing a lot of details here.
    If I read the article right, it was only one of the guys that was caught baiting. The other one was completely random I think.

  6. #16
    Master

    User Info Menu

    cutting the tree limbs is damage. Use of the tree with out compensation is another issue..

  7. #17
    Master johntheplinker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    If I read the article right, it was only one of the guys that was caught baiting. The other one was completely random I think.
    One had his son and a bunch of his friends get caught baiting, the other the landowner himself got caught. The cameras were placed afterward if I read it correctly. No doubt somebody said something to somebody and that got them ratted out. So now the fish cops think they can catch them again is what I'm thinking.

    Not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination but the moral of the story: If you caught once, mind your p's and q's cause they're going to be watching you.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

  8. #18
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by johntheplinker View Post
    One had his son and a bunch of his friends get caught baiting, the other the landowner himself got caught. The cameras were placed afterward if I read it correctly. No doubt somebody said something to somebody and that got them ratted out. So now the fish cops think they can catch them again is what I'm thinking.

    Not saying it's right by any stretch of the imagination but the moral of the story: If you caught once, mind your p's and q's cause they're going to be watching you.
    Thanks John! I misread it then. I've been doing that a lot today (with work stuff earlier)!

  9. #19
    PATRIOT indyjohn's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The entire concept of government agents accessing my land without my permission or knowledge for the purpose of observing and recording my activities is unbelievable to me. Unless, I suppose, they had suspicion I was engaging in illegal activities. It doesn't strike me to be categorically any different from a wiretap (which you have to obtain a court order to perform, right?). If the placing of trailcams on my land is done without cause, then I think it is trespassing. Period.

    It seems the two circumstances depicted in the article have one thing in common - both were previously found to be engaging in illegal activities, which I have a very strong opinion about. If you are known to have willfully broken the law in the past, you are defacto predisposed to break it again, so you reap what you sow. But on the flip side I have to ask "Don't these 'fish police' have better things to do than snoop on bird baiters?" I don't hunt birds so I don't know if this is sinister enough to merit this amount of taxpayer money spent to catch the perps if they do it again. Is it worse than exceeding the speed limit?
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  10. #20
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    I wonder how a trail cam holds up to a shotgun blast?
    About as well as a drone holds up to a shotgun blast. LOL


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •