Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Deer Season 2020-21

Expert

User Info Menu

Big boy about 180yds out back this morning. Looks to be 8 or 10 pt. Sorry about the crappy pic- cell phone through spotting scope. He had one doe tagging along with him...

IMG_20201016_0910059d.jpg

User Info Menu

Has anyone taken a deer from Charles C. Deam Wilderness this bow season?
    Lord, if you'll pick them up, I'll put 'em down

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Restroyer View Post
    Nice looking setup. What kind of blind structure is that?
    Sorry, I have been out of pocket. It is actually a converted chicken coop I raised 8 feet in the air on phone poles. I converted it about 7 years ago and it works great.
    Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Milton Friedman

User Info Menu

Corn is getting cut and the weather is cooling off! Get 'em boys and girls!
    Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Milton Friedman

Plinker

User Info Menu

1st day was friday. Sat all day. Nothing. Getting windy. Sat am saw a spike, 3 pointer, and 2 does. Passed all up. Big boys not moving on the block yet. And I have 4 weeks of vacation coming up. Nothing moving this evening Back at it in the am. Theres my report I'm in orange county

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5-PYCijNA

I think it signing phase too, have been suckered before.
    But hunting small place, there are other factors.
    Had a 120" buck cut through at 830 this morning.

I picked a gun stand for max view, and caught him cut the creek.
    Figured out from where he came.
    Stand there now

User Info Menu

Checked cameras and did some scouting, I think it will be a good season. Plenty of mast in the woods, good sign and pictures. No unwelcome visitors.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Plinker

User Info Menu

I sat Saturday PM saw a tall spike maybe 4 pointer he was on the move thru the beans right at 7:30 PM. Maybe going to the water hole. I passed a big doe and another spike (maybe same one) on opening day. Saw four good scrapes that were not there a week or so ago..trail cam showing the same deer. We will see like to get a decent buck before the g-land explodes. Iím thinking they are gonna be a lot of freezer stuffing this year. When I get a chance on that doe Iíll stick her. Spikes are safe at my place.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Seeing young bucks again this year. More does than last year too. Nothing I want to take home yet. Huntington County.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Slim View Post
    Seeing young bucks again this year. More does than last year too. Nothing I want to take home yet. Huntington County.
    Drink 2 more beers, then look again.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast