Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Season 2020-21

User Info Menu

Deer Season 2020-21

Calendar all filled in with opening and closing dates. Tuning up the compound and crossbow. Reloading some more 168 gr BTSP .308. Checking operation on the muzzleloader. Planning a sight-in trip to the range soon. Got my license bundle and my son's. Signed up for state park hunts early and late at Chain O Lakes with him and another buddy. Trying to make freezer space and maintain optimism. Setting aside the last weekend in September for the son's youth hunt. Landowner permission secured.

Now we wait.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

ďThere's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.Ē - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Itís the best time of year.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweakerbrother View Post
    Freedom is dangerous and I prefer it that way.

User Info Menu

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I'm going to have to rely on a lot of luck this season it seems.
    I had a house fire in June and it has consumed most every minute of my free time trying to facilitate the rebuilding.
    I have not had a chance to visit my hunting property since May.

I hope to get one or two days scouting in before the season begins, but even that looks questionable.
    Luckily I have very productive hunting property, and my shoot house was constructed years ago.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hung some new stands and cleared lanes on my Michigan property. Saw a really nice 8 point and a big black bear. Got to my spot in Huntington County today and did some work. Gave the property owner a Ruger Wrangler for letting us hunt again. Had a nice visit. With deer like the one my little girl got there last year, giving him a pistol was cheap!

User Info Menu

I've been checking cameras and placing a few more, hopefully the ginseng thieves won't get any this year. Not seeing many deer as years past, but better than last year.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mgderf View Post
    I'm going to have to rely on a lot of luck this season it seems.
    I had a house fire in June and it has consumed most every minute of my free time trying to facilitate the rebuilding.
    I have not had a chance to visit my hunting property since May.

I hope to get one or two days scouting in before the season begins, but even that looks questionable.
    Luckily I have very productive hunting property, and my shoot house was constructed years ago.
    If you're concerned about your land getting lonely this season id be willing to go check in it from time to time

User Info Menu

I lost my lease this year and have been beating down the door of every place I can find. Tough going, seems like everyone already has family hunting, had a bad experience with other hunters, or is repulsed by the idea. The rest of the time, I've been trying to e-scout Mississinewa the best I can. But, a rough day in the woods beats a decent day at work, so I will have that!

Going to be an interesting year!

User Info Menu

Have a baby due on Nov 7. Doubt I'll make it to the woods this year. I only hunt gun season so not much opportunity to go before the baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

Expert

User Info Menu

Iím in West Virginia right now on a bike trip with some friends and we have seen at least 12 doe and a handful of bucks. Found bear scat by a feeder on the cabin we are staying at. Awesome piece of land!! Of course they do nothing but fish and hunt too.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast