Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Squirrel Season

User Info Menu

2020 Squirrel Season

Surprised no one has started this thread. I unfortunately have not had time to hunt, yet, although I did take a walk yesterday afternoon through part of my woods. Saw one gray in a pignut hickory, but not a lot of evidence that they have started cutting much. I have one tree in my yard that has quite a few nuts this year and they haven't touched it.

Any success? Photos? Nut report? I promise I will have photos before the season is over!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Was just thinking about starting one too.

I took my 6 year old son out opening weekend and got a nice female fox squirrel. I took a new hunter this past weekend and shot a young male grey. Not much activity in the trees yet as best I can tell. I've seen one around my woods in town.

User Info Menu

Successful both Saturdays ice gone out. Took 4y/o for her first time opening day, tagged 4 Grey's.

Took oldest daughter (7) out this past Saturday. 1 fox, 1 grey. Hoping to get some more in this week.

No cutting heavy, still getting the wild blackberries.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

The vermin are cutting a red oak in my back yard heavily. I was going to take my 8 yr old out last Saturday. I made a deal with him on his math studies, he didn't fair too well so no hunting for him.

The difference between boys and girls is night and day. He flat doesn't give a f#&k.

Pin
    Plinker

User Info Menu

My son turned 6 this year and wants to hunt. I am only a paper target hunter so I'm not so up on where to go. Any advice would be appreciated!
    "It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks" - Johnny Cash

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pin View Post
    My son turned 6 this year and wants to hunt. I am only a paper target hunter so I'm not so up on where to go. Any advice would be appreciated!
    The Morgan-Monroe State Forest has quite a bit of acreage for hunting and less than an hour from Indianapolis. There are maps on DNR's website that show hunting areas. https://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4816.htm

Plinker

User Info Menu

went to put batteries and cards in the trail cameras and took the 10/22 just in case i saw one. heard a few and saw some sign but never put eyes on one. got stung by a bee and had my whole forearm swell up for about 48 hours. good luck and be careful out there

Pin
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Huzrjim View Post
    The Morgan-Monroe State Forest has quite a bit of acreage for hunting and less than an hour from Indianapolis. There are maps on DNR's website that show hunting areas. https://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4816.htm
    Looking at it now
    "It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks" - Johnny Cash

User Info Menu

Went out a little over the weekend. Still not feeling the best so didn't stay out long, plus with it being warm didn't even try to shoot any. Did "count coup" on a couple tho. Once it cools off enough that they aren't covered in flies before they hit the ground, then I'll get serious.
    Tulta munille! HAKKAA PÄÄLLE

User Info Menu

May go in the AM. We'll see.

Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast