• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Hello INGO, ya'll have always given some good trip advice. Heading to Sedona on the 17th, looking for some tips/advice on things to do / see.

Note: Mother in Law coming with us, she's pretty spry for 70+, but not ready for mountain climbing. (Nor am I for that matter).

Definitely doing a Grand Canyon Tour, and at least one other, have spent a bunch of time on Sedona Book of Faces Page, and Trip Advisor, just wondering if there's any other info.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    PINK JEEP TOUR!! maybe not the one that goes out onto the rocks for your 70 y.o. but book a Pink Jeep tour
    The Grand Canyon is still a ways away but worth it. It is amazing to listen to a tour guide describe the changes in geography/altitude/fauna during the trip. If you haven't seen the GC, prepare yourself Pictures and film do it no justice. I'd recommend perusing a copy of "Over the Edge" before you go.
    I can't remember the name of the place down on the river/stream but one of the better meals I've had.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll second the Pink Jeep Tour. We only spent a day in Sedona but that was by far the best part. We took ours late in the evening when the sun started getting low in the sky and the colors were amazing. It's definitely worth the time.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I really enjoy Arizona, diverse landscapes as you travel around the state, but have not been for many years now (mid 2000s). I also did the Pink Jeep tour in Sedona... 29 years ago!

One thing that will not have changed is the landscape around Sedona. If you are into photography at all beyond cell phone pics, pack your camera and take it along on the Jeep tour. I was shooting on film back then of course. The Jeep tour provided some perspectives and great shots that we could not see cruising around in the rental on normal roads.

Also enjoyed a helicopter ride over the Canyon, but they had toned the flight plans by that time and were not allowed to fly below the rim. A quick search suggests some tours now land down in the canyon, which seems like it would be very cool.

Top Bottom