Who wants to school a noob on deer reduction zones?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Ok, so I'm only a few seasons old when it comes to hunting. My friend happens to have about 20acres in a deer reduction zone. When I told him I was going to renew my lic he told me to get the reduction lic as well so I could take advantage of his location....

Now here's the problem.....

None of us know how that works.

Can one of you folks explain it like I'm 5?

Thanks!!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So I guess where I'm failing is. Reduction zone hunting starts in Sept we'll before normal seasons. Can I use firearms, muzzleloader,bow? What's the requirements?

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I like the reduction zone hunting. Then again, I have my lifetime license. I don't have to keep buying tags when I fill one. If you like antler, you can earn a second buck in addition to your regular deer license. Meaning, in reduction zone, you have to first harvest an antlerless deer before tagging the antlered deer. with your RZ license. (you can still fill your regular deer license in a reduction zone, with the proper licensing) I am allowed to take the antlerless then immediately take a buck traveling with. I tend to think most people wouldn't go to the woods with both of those tags. I like that the season is extended until mid-January for the RZ's. Season also comes in early for bow hunting, but I don't like to harvest a deer in warm/hot temperatures, so that means little to me. I, and my family, can eat 3-5 deer a year, and none goes to waste. I let a lot of deer walk by me in RZ even if I went out for the original purpose to take a deer. In short, RZ is just another opportunity to get out and see/harvest food for your family. or antlers, if that is your thing.

Top Bottom