• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I was riding Lawrence creek the other day and had this doe and two fawn literally 10 yards from me. Crazy they didn’t run
    d855ab9a36e2f770e46a3c7f91407a52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    They get used to mountain bikers. If you stop and get off the bike, they will run.

I often thought of trying the brown county sp hunt by biking out to the pond where Anes and HP meet. They won’t care about the bike.

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    They get used to mountain bikers. If you stop and get off the bike, they will run.

I often thought of trying the brown county sp hunt by biking out to the pond where Anes and HP meet. They won’t care about the bike.

That’s what I was thinking too, except me and my fiancée both stopped and watched them for about 10 mins, they finally ran off when some hikers came the other way down the trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    97   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    Years ago, a buddy and I were "charged" by a fawn in August. When I say "charged" she looked us over from about 40 yards and decided she wanted a closer look. Just about the time we were both ready to dive to the side, she stopped less than 10 yards in front. Neither of us moved a muscle. Just watched. She looked us over, up and down several times, decided we were okay, and noticed that she was standing in a bed of clover. Went to chomping down on the clover for a few minutes. Again, we never moved. She eventually looked us over one more time, and decided that mom might be wondering where she was and ran back. We laughed about the mom standing there thinking "Kids, these days!" :)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Heh, we love watching them.
    People used to tell me "you could hunt deer sitting on your back porch" and I'd say "Oh no. They have names."

Last edited:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I have 2 to 7 regulars that come to my back door every day in hopes of snagging some of my bird feed. I also name them, and can recognize each of them. Often, I will be as much as a mile from home and see one of my “regulars”. When I talk to them by name, their ears always perk up, and they often walk towards me.

KARP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I hunt a farm in nwi, a couple of years ago we had triplet fawns that used to lay under an oak tree on the front lawn where we would park and watch us take out our bows and head for our stands. The buck and two does were only 30 yards away and never seemed nervous, (maybe they had seen me practice). This happened many times while the weather was warm. As soon as it got chilly they were gone.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    A few years back there were 2 injured fawns that a guy rescued and bottle bed back to health. They were released "in the wild" on my aunt's property. They always hung around the house. One day the front door got left open and a deer wandered in to the house.

True story.

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    A few years back there were 2 injured fawns that a guy rescued and bottle bed back to health. They were released "in the wild" on my aunt's property. They always hung around the house. One day the front door got left open and a deer wandered in to the house.

True story.

Only could imagine walking around the hall and being like alright

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, they like bird seed and their deer trough.
    This was from last July, me sitting on the porch swing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The ones on our property know they are safe in my yard. We have so many hunters on adjoining property that we were seeing less and less deer here, and the ones we were seeing were injured or orphaned young and smaller than normal. I now provide them with a safe haven and provide food and water for them as well. We have deer and turkey in our back yard all the time and they are not afraid of us. They don't run unless we get too close.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Same here. Been a couple of times I've had to shoo them away from the corn pan so I could fill it. In the mornings when I fill the pan I'll rattle the bucket a little as I walk across the yard. Invariably one or two will come trotting down out of the woods. Getting so even Big Boi is starting to respond once in a while. The turkeys here are still a little skittish, they won't spook but will head towards the woods but turn and come back even before I get back inside.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Use 4x8 remesh to make barriers to keep 'em off young trees and such. Got eight pieces protecting stuff out back. Occasionally a piece of the remesh will be moved a ways. Had to put one back into place a couple of days ago. Just now there were two deer in the back yard. They went over to the piece of remesh that had been put back in place and nosed it.

Uh huh.

Top Bottom