Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Crazy Doe Experience

User Info Menu

Crazy Doe Experience

I was riding Lawrence creek the other day and had this doe and two fawn literally 10 yards from me. Crazy they didn’t run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert

User Info Menu

They get used to mountain bikers. If you stop and get off the bike, they will run.

I often thought of trying the brown county sp hunt by biking out to the pond where Anes and HP meet. They won’t care about the bike.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dprimm View Post
    They get used to mountain bikers. If you stop and get off the bike, they will run.

I often thought of trying the brown county sp hunt by biking out to the pond where Anes and HP meet. They won’t care about the bike.
    That’s what I was thinking too, except me and my fiancée both stopped and watched them for about 10 mins, they finally ran off when some hikers came the other way down the trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born to Hunt, Forced to Work

User Info Menu

Years ago, a buddy and I were "charged" by a fawn in August. When I say "charged" she looked us over from about 40 yards and decided she wanted a closer look. Just about the time we were both ready to dive to the side, she stopped less than 10 yards in front. Neither of us moved a muscle. Just watched. She looked us over, up and down several times, decided we were okay, and noticed that she was standing in a bed of clover. Went to chomping down on the clover for a few minutes. Again, we never moved. She eventually looked us over one more time, and decided that mom might be wondering where she was and ran back. We laughed about the mom standing there thinking "Kids, these days!"
    "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables."

User Info Menu

Heh, we love watching them.
    People used to tell me "you could hunt deer sitting on your back porch" and I'd say "Oh no. They have names."
    Last edited by NKBJ; 1 Week Ago at 20:00.
    Make America blessed again.

User Info Menu

I name mine burger and summer sausage.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

I have 2 to 7 regulars that come to my back door every day in hopes of snagging some of my bird feed. I also name them, and can recognize each of them. Often, I will be as much as a mile from home and see one of my “regulars”. When I talk to them by name, their ears always perk up, and they often walk towards me.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I hunt a farm in nwi, a couple of years ago we had triplet fawns that used to lay under an oak tree on the front lawn where we would park and watch us take out our bows and head for our stands. The buck and two does were only 30 yards away and never seemed nervous, (maybe they had seen me practice). This happened many times while the weather was warm. As soon as it got chilly they were gone.

User Info Menu

A few years back there were 2 injured fawns that a guy rescued and bottle bed back to health. They were released "in the wild" on my aunt's property. They always hung around the house. One day the front door got left open and a deer wandered in to the house.

True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    A few years back there were 2 injured fawns that a guy rescued and bottle bed back to health. They were released "in the wild" on my aunt's property. They always hung around the house. One day the front door got left open and a deer wandered in to the house.

True story.
    Only could imagine walking around the hall and being like alright