408356cac941e566f47da1dd4c26832d.jpg

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A great destination for an all day trip if you live in Indy or within an hour of Marshall Indiana. I've been going there since I was a teenager skipping school on a weekday to taking our kids & dogs there recently. Stayed at the Lodge for our 5th wedding anniversary and highly recommend doing so (plan a year in advance, they're booked pretty much year 'round).

2010-07-16-001.jpg

DSCN2907.jpg

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Great place. My son(back in the day) earned his Boy Scouts hiking badge at Turkey Run hiking all the trails there.:yesway:

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The shot below is one I took a few years on one of the trails. I always go way off season, as in season it is just too crowded. Turkey run does have some great trails!

turkeyruntrail.jpg

Ron

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    The shot below is one I took a few years on one of the trails. I always go way off season, as in season it is just too crowded. Turkey run does have some great trails!

turkeyruntrail.jpg

Ron

Man...great picture. Looks like it should be on a greeting card or something?

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks folks!

Yeah, I got lucky on the lighting on this one. It was darker than it looks so I could slow down the shutter and kick up the f-stops to blur the water all while my gear was on a tripod.

It is cool that the trail goes up the stream.

Turkey Run is a photographers and hikers dream!

Ron

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Thanks folks!

Yeah, I got lucky on the lighting on this one. It was darker than it looks so I could slow down the shutter and kick up the f-stops to blur the water all while my gear was on a tripod.

It is cool that the trail goes up the stream.

Turkey Run is a photographers and hikers dream!

Ron

It really is, first weekend I camped there this year we hiked 16 miles in 2 days

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Great shot! You got the water perfect!
    There's a narrow ledge up that way on the left side. You can walk it, but it's slippery. We were passing by there when a dad with a couple of sons were going the other way. The dad was up on the ledge. We heard a crash behind us and turned around to see dad lying on his back on the trail. Son: Dad, why'd you jump down? Dad: I didn't.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    In that first pic, is that where the swinging bridge is across Sugar Creek? We were there about the time that pic was taken, after the flood. You couldn't cross the bridge because it was damaged by floodwaters, about 20' above where you're standing.

Keagan2828

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There's a narrow ledge up that way on the left side. You can walk it, but it's slippery. We were passing by there when a dad with a couple of sons were going the other way. The dad was up on the ledge. We heard a crash behind us and turned around to see dad lying on his back on the trail. Son: Dad, why'd you jump down? Dad: I didn't.

Oh wow he must have fell down the waterfall!

Top Bottom