Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Run State Park

User Info Menu

Turkey Run State Park

If you haven’t been here you are missing out

Plinker

User Info Menu

Haven't been there since I was a kid. I should plan a trip there with my kids sometime.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clark & Addison View Post
    Haven't been there since I was a kid. I should plan a trip there with my kids sometime.
    You should! Fall is coming too is amazing, and the little ones will love the hike, make sure to go up the waterfall on trail 3!

User Info Menu

A great destination for an all day trip if you live in Indy or within an hour of Marshall Indiana. I've been going there since I was a teenager skipping school on a weekday to taking our kids & dogs there recently. Stayed at the Lodge for our 5th wedding anniversary and highly recommend doing so (plan a year in advance, they're booked pretty much year 'round).

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

Great place. My son(back in the day) earned his Boy Scouts hiking badge at Turkey Run hiking all the trails there.
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Winamac View Post
    Great place. My son(back in the day) earned his Boy Scouts hiking badge at Turkey Run hiking all the trails there.
    Same here many moons ago!

User Info Menu

The shot below is one I took a few years on one of the trails. I always go way off season, as in season it is just too crowded. Turkey run does have some great trails!

Ron
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    The shot below is one I took a few years on one of the trails. I always go way off season, as in season it is just too crowded. Turkey run does have some great trails!

Ron
    Great shot! You got the water perfect!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

Ron

Man...great picture. Looks like it should be on a greeting card or something?
    " YOU SERIOUS CLARK ? "

User Info Menu

Thanks folks!

Yeah, I got lucky on the lighting on this one. It was darker than it looks so I could slow down the shutter and kick up the f-stops to blur the water all while my gear was on a tripod.

It is cool that the trail goes up the stream.

Turkey Run is a photographers and hikers dream!

Ron
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast