• ...and so much more!
  • El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I have four grandkids all fired up and counting down the days. Ranging in ages 13-16 all taken deer in the past, all four have passed the hunter education class now. I have the blinds set up and ready to go. Good luck to all going out and be safe. :rockwoot:

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    My son is 13 and has passed the hunter education and safety course. What type of lincense does he need to participate in the youth hunt for deer?
    I cannot seem to find it in the rules and regs.
    I did buy him an apprentice youth hunt and trap license but I wanted to double check

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    My son is 13 and has passed the hunter education and safety course. What type of lincense does he need to participate in the youth hunt for deer?
    I cannot seem to find it in the rules and regs.
    I did buy him an apprentice youth hunt and trap license but I wanted to double check

He can hunt with the apprentice youth license but since he passed the hunter Ed you can buy a consolidated youth hunting license so he can hunt without you in the future.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    I'll be taking my son out for sure . He really hasn't needed me to tag along in several years , but I go to film and keep the DNR happy . I think I have about 4 other friends and family members bringing some kids out as well . Should be a great time , definitely one of my favorites .

I'm glad it won't be nearly as hot as the last few years . Should be much more enjoyable .

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Scouting turned up no signs except a few tracks in the dust (very dry here) and lots of eaten-off soybeans. No rubs, no scrapes. Might still be too early, since lots of things are late this year. Also, it's 2020.
    120237613_10223881287558888_7099725842703567472_n.jpg

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    No luck this weekend for my 4 young hunters, they saw deer but didn't take any shoots. We still had a great time. They are now looking forward to archery season.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Took my 13 year old out to some state land near our cabin East of Bloomington. Saw two does but no shot opportunities. Got checked by Conservation officer on the way out of the woods Saturday evening. First time I’ve been checked in over twenty years. She was extremely young and new to the job but positive and respectful.

very little acorn mast on he ground. Figure it is going to be a tough bow season as well.

Top Bottom