• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He wasn't the biggest I've killed but still a beautifully symmetrical typical 8 point and definitely the oldest deer I've killed. He had the face of an old warrior. Proud to make him my first European mount.

62ksgUF.jpg

KCOrdXf.jpg

mDJwsY6.jpg

Rhinestone Pete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    Who did your Euro mount? I had one done years ago and the guy painted the skull, looks pretty tacky. Not sure how to strip the paint without doing damage to it. Obviously I won't be going back on the next one.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Schmeltz Taxidermy in Bloomingdale did the euro. I also have two full shoulder mounts from him and his work is excellent, very nice guy as well. He's two hours from my home and 90 minutes from where I'm hunting now and I'll still take everything to him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    WaCo
    That Old Man dodged many a hunts; beautiful rack for sure! Opening day is day after tomorrow here in Michigan, looking forward to filling the freezer, but I’d kill for a nice mount this season!

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Good looking deer. All my deer are Euro-mount. Meaning they have somehow been boiled, buried, bleached, pressure washed, sun soaked, and stacked like cord wood. A professional EM looks good enough for the wall. I might go with a traditional mount if I ever arrow one over 200" I haven't done that yet and I have been at it since the season in '83. I know I'm in good company though. And, I also know time is running thin to get that one buck on the wall. I'm either not very good, or I hunt the wrong counties. I tend to think a little of the first and a lot of the latter. My wife hopes I never get one past 199"

More importantly though, WTH is a Phylodog? From some of the posts, I think it is a breed of dog that lives to hunt turkey, yotes and deer, but struggles as a part-time farmer. Maybe even a semi-pro drone pilot, and retired LEO......must be K9?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylo was a dog I had years and years ago when Internet forums were pretty new and I needed a screen name. It just sorta stuck I guess.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good looking deer. All my deer are Euro-mount. Meaning they have somehow been boiled, buried, bleached, pressure washed, sun soaked, and stacked like cord wood. A professional EM looks good enough for the wall. I might go with a traditional mount if I ever arrow one over 200" I haven't done that yet and I have been at it since the season in '83. I know I'm in good company though. And, I also know time is running thin to get that one buck on the wall. I'm either not very good, or I hunt the wrong counties. I tend to think a little of the first and a lot of the latter. My wife hopes I never get one past 199"

More importantly though, WTH is a Phylodog? From some of the posts, I think it is a breed of dog that lives to hunt turkey, yotes and deer, but struggles as a part-time farmer. Maybe even a semi-pro drone pilot, and retired LEO......must be K9?

It's a dog made from light, flaky pastry. Oh wait, that's phyllo, not phylo... ;)

Top Bottom