Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

Ramyankee42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    DNR, I'm sure like any other LE in indiana, have to witness either an infraction or misdemeanor, except for the misdemeanor exceptions, to be able to enforce infractions or misdemeanors. So, yeah, I can see them not being able to do anything about this. Based on my experience, video does not count as witnessing because our IC codes are out of date and don't account for it or make an exception for it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    DNR, I'm sure like any other LE in indiana, have to witness either an infraction or misdemeanor, except for the misdemeanor exceptions, to be able to enforce infractions or misdemeanors. So, yeah, I can see them not being able to do anything about this. Based on my experience, video does not count as witnessing because our IC codes are out of date and don't account for it or make an exception for it.

They sure use security camera footage an awful lot.

It is pretty hard to prove that he is doing it intentionally (which he is more than likely doing). They have to build a case, maybe he doesn't do it frequently enough to warrant this.
    I have an Ahole neighbor that got away with an awful lot before action was taken. He learned real quick to just accuse me of everything he was doing. He called the cops on me everytime I mowed my yard for 3 years, because he didn't like the way I do it. He then mounted a loudspeaker on the property line pointed at our back door and played music 24/7 for 3 months. The sheriff Dept finally hit him with disturbing the peace, and maintaining a common nuisance. No charges stuck, but he finally stopped.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Can you hunt farther away from the property line? I've run into this from the other side of the fence where people set up stands 3 feet from the property line and then hunt my land.

Like you said, there's nothing you can do about it although I did turn one of them in for baiting, They left a pile of corn at the base of their stand including the bags it came in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They sure use security camera footage an awful lot.

It is pretty hard to prove that he is doing it intentionally (which he is more than likely doing). They have to build a case, maybe he doesn't do it frequently enough to warrant this.
    I have an Ahole neighbor that got away with an awful lot before action was taken. He learned real quick to just accuse me of everything he was doing. He called the cops on me everytime I mowed my yard for 3 years, because he didn't like the way I do it. He then mounted a loudspeaker on the property line pointed at our back door and played music 24/7 for 3 months. The sheriff Dept finally hit him with disturbing the peace, and maintaining a common nuisance. No charges stuck, but he finally stopped.

We have remedies for these things. But I digress.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If nothing gets done it's my guess..........

CO, judge and or prosecutor are

related to the guy
    has relations w his daughter (or son LOL)
    or hunts/fishes the property

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    We have remedies for these things. But I digress.

Oh I know, the officers were even helpful in recommending things to do. Lol. It was worse for the wife, I was at work most of the time so she took the brunt of it. Surprised me that they took so long to deal with it but there is a lot more to this story

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’d be sure to have 4 wheeler parties, bon fires, some shooting parties, etc right at the edge of the property line. You move to the woods to get away from these morons, when people look for trouble eventually they’re gonna find it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh I know, the officers were even helpful in recommending things to do. Lol. It was worse for the wife, I was at work most of the time so she took the brunt of it. Surprised me that they took so long to deal with it but there is a lot more to this story

There always is.
    We had something similar years ago.
    No more info will be shared....:):

Top Bottom