• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jondis68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Ingalls
    I searched around the site a bit and really didn’t find much.

Is there a collection of dependable establishments that process deer and game in Indiana? Seems to be very hit and miss. If there is already a list somewhere.... forgive me. If not, I would love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks,

Jon

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Any recommendations north or south of the state line around ekhart/bristol? The processor I used in Union, MI for years closed down at the end of the season last year. Family business that was in its 2nd generation.

jamesb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Maddie Moos, great family, I have had almost all my deer processed there since I moved to IN. Nice size cuts, wraps in plastic and paper, does jerky. I also use Archers in Greenwood because I like their summer sausage.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    This Old Farm in Colfax does a great job, and vacuum seals all the meat.

However, they have gotten extremely expensive in the last few years, and charge extra for larger deer. I took a big buck there last year and paid well over $300 for processing. I won’t be taking deer there this year.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    This Old Farm in Colfax does a great job, and vacuum seals all the meat.

However, they have gotten extremely expensive in the last few years, and charge extra for larger deer. I took a big buck there last year and paid well over $300 for processing. I won’t be taking deer there this year.

That is pretty steep!!!!

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Any recommendations north or south of the state line around ekhart/bristol? The processor I used in Union, MI for years closed down at the end of the season last year. Family business that was in its 2nd generation.

You won't be able to cross state lines either direction due to regs put in place to fight EHD. For Indiana deer I've heard good things about Roland's Processing in Nappanee. That's where I'll take any Indiana deer I shoot. Don't know where to go north of the line. I cut up my non-resident doe myself at my cabin this year because I didn't know of anybody.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Thanks. Didn't know about the regs against crossing state lines due to EHD. Just in case it helps anyone, drove through Union yesterday and saw a billboard for "Gary's Custom Meats" in Union. They have a ton of good reviews on google for their butcher shop & products. They also process deer. Will stop in to check the place out sometime this week.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Thanks. Didn't know about the regs against crossing state lines due to EHD. Just in case it helps anyone, drove through Union yesterday and saw a billboard for "Gary's Custom Meats" in Union. They have a ton of good reviews on google for their butcher shop & products. They also process deer. Will stop in to check the place out sometime this week.

I didn't know Gary's did full processing. My boss gets snack sticks and other stuff made by him and raves about him.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'll toss in another vote for Maddie Moo's. That's where all my deer go. Price is fair, they do an excellent job, and their spicy summer sausage is killer!

Top Bottom