• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    last year it was my ginseng now my trail cam!!!!!......:xmad:...if i catch them they won't leave the woods!!!!!!!!!!!...:ar15:.....that is all....

vermilionbird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Oct 17, 2020
    South Bend
    that sucks big time and I hope you can somehow recover it but I gotta ask what you do with your ginseng. tea? are there neat recipes with ginseng you could point me toward?

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    I put a brand new Plot Watch Pro, $300 at the time, high in a white pine on a Friday. By Monday it was gone. On private property. I have two out right now, one has picked up single strollers, up to no good, and a young couple in my food plot LARPing(Live Action Roll Play)with swords. The other picked up 12 teenagers running my trails after dark on a Saturday night. So far, no sign that they know where the cameras are. I'm afraid that they will find out. I hope colder weather keeps them off my 40ac. I can't be there at all times. I know LEO's have better things to do than track down trespassers. If we could eliminate trespassers, we could eliminate stolen cameras.

Now I have a cell camera that will at least send me one picture of them, if they are facing it when it initially triggers, as they destroy or steal it. Then I will go looking for them. I didn't know until I bought it that it only sends the first "trigger image", but it stores the whole video or photo burst on the SD card........that will be in the slimy hands of the camera thief.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    My experiences with IN DNR in this area has been excellent. It may take a little work to get in contact with your local DNR Officer, but they take this stuff seriously and haven’t hesitated to hand out charges and hefty fines. Local law enforcement on the other hand, didn’t care too much.

Pictures or video are gold these days. Maybe put a bait camera somewhere obvious with another hidden trail camera filming it?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    My experiences with IN DNR in this area has been excellent. It may take a little work to get in contact with your local DNR Officer, but they take this stuff seriously and haven’t hesitated to hand out charges and hefty fines. Local law enforcement on the other hand, didn’t care too much.

Pictures or video are gold these days. Maybe put a bait camera somewhere obvious with another hidden trail camera filming it?

My experience with IDNR folks has been extremely good, but since I work with them for rescue, I would hope so :-)

The bait camera is an idea I use a lot. I keep my older or non-functioning cameras in the obvious locations. My better quality cameras are much better hidden and watch the bait cameras as well as looking for deer. I have an old defunct chainsaw sitting out near the wood pile that is also watched over by a hidden camera, and a couple of old POS bicycles in the same type of situation. I also live very deep in the woods and one of us is usually home, so rarely have any trespassers near the house.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Write your name and address on the camera in non erasable ink. Try using the black infra red cameras, they give up range, but can't be seen in the low light. Use broken cameras as bait or dummies. Sometimes I think I'm better off just spraying Roundup on any ginseng I find.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It should be lawful to beat a trespasser. It should also be lawful to cut the hands off of a thief and beat him with them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My experience with IDNR folks has been extremely good, but since I work with them for rescue, I would hope so :-)

The bait camera is an idea I use a lot. I keep my older or non-functioning cameras in the obvious locations. My better quality cameras are much better hidden and watch the bait cameras as well as looking for deer. I have an old defunct chainsaw sitting out near the wood pile that is also watched over by a hidden camera, and a couple of old POS bicycles in the same type of situation. I also live very deep in the woods and one of us is usually home, so rarely have any trespassers near the house.

Hunting over bait? ;)

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I've been running cams for over 10 years and had my first one stolen around this time last year. It was a $30 Tasco from Walmart so really the only thing I was out were 8 AA's and an SD card. The cam was in a risky area but I wanted to see what moved through there. I found out the hard way what was moving through there. I agree with a previous comment that I probably know the person that took it or have an acquaintance.

Top Bottom