Are there any RELIABLE Trail Cameras...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I've used some 'generic' ones over the years that weren't too bad, although they just didn't have much adjustability. Eventually they quit working but I got two or three seasons from them.

Then I bought a pair of Moultrie ones - one 'regular' and one 'cellular', and the 'regular' one quit working, then the 'cellular' one did.

I would like to have a good cellular-type one, but it seems like everything electronic these days is junk.

I'd be interested in anyone here's experiences.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We’ve gotten a lot of use out of Bushnell cameras in the past. When we decided to try cellular we went with Covert Cameras and they’ve worked well. We’re now running 10 Tactacam Reveal cameras and we’re very pleased with them so far.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mine are all Stealth cams and I've had pretty good luck with them. I had a couple that were replaced under warranty but have found them to be pretty good to work with. I have 7 out year round.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    In my experience, StealthCams are good for 3 years (being out year-round) before they die. So far I've had better luck out of the G45NG than the G30 (I've had two G30s die on me this year), and the G45NG takes a darn good picture.

Considering doing cellular cams next year so very interested in people's experiences with those of all makes.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I bought the cuddyback cuddy link system about 4 years ago. I run camera's about 8 months a year.

I started with 10, now I have 6. Cuddyback has been great at taking them back, and making them run for a little while back, but a 40% fail rate in 4 years is a little high for me. In those 4 years I've done 4 warranty claims. I always do onewhen I take the camera's out for a few months. I'm swapping to the tacticam system that Cory mentioned earlier at the end of this season.

76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    I have used just about all of them and have good luck with wild game cameras and a moultrie camera. Always check the batteries when swapping cards for moisture possibly getting there . I have used same 5 cameras now for 5 years. I don’t leave them out in January to March.

Top Bottom