• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Heard tons of shots in the morning and I didn’t see squat, and the about an hour before hunting hours ended for the end of the day someone decided to start setting off large amounts of tannerite, so that ended my hunt early and they continued to set off the tannerite and it was shaking the walls and floor from at least a half mile away. Total buzz kill, but there is signs of life and enough squirrels to feed my family for months

4122CA35-CEEA-4AC9-8232-FB7D35613B18.jpg
    720CAA24-A911-41A9-83A4-D5826C706AF6.jpg
    E3AEF6E6-B85A-40D6-A94A-28B1A589F827.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont feel bad. I almost got two Wednesday night around 7P but missed them.

AllenM is probably sadder than I am about missing those deer, though. :):

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I missed one at Eagle's Marsh around 1:30pm. It crossed the small creek when we were walking the GSDs in The Fort after eating at Casa! on Jeffersonville.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    NO whining . They call it hunting for a reason. If it was easy they'd call it killing.

Go again. Hope you enjoyed your sanity time in the woodz.

I love it in the woods, time creeps by for me allowing me to soak it all in, and watching any of the wildlife I see. Had a squirrel hop up on a log a few feet away staring right at me while chomping in a nut. Also the first time a hawk flew over my head below tree top dodging the trunks and launched out into a field and caught a bird in mid flight. It’s a huge relief knowing that I have an escape from 2020

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I love it in the woods, time creeps by for me allowing me to soak it all in, and watching any of the wildlife I see. Had a squirrel hop up on a log a few feet away staring right at me while chomping in a nut. Also the first time a hawk flew over my head below tree top dodging the trunks and launched out into a field and caught a bird in mid flight. It’s a huge relief knowing that I have an escape from 2020

This is the stuff worth going for. Gathering meat is just an added blessing.:yesway:;)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Got a small doe last night. Almost done processing it. Probably take the rest of the weekend off and go out again during the week. Oh, well, go out is sort of a misnomer: I’m hunting from the roof of my house, and this time of year I keep the rifle handy when doing chores around the Ranch. Two years ago I got a 49 yard shot with the Glock 40 when I stepped out of the house on the way to the truck.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Dude, you hunting with a Mosin????? Cool as hell!!! I was going to use a 1900 Swede but with the drizzle and stuff we had I instead used something a little less collectible.
    Heard a few shots early but none real close. Only deer I saw were in the yard when I walked out the door.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    archery season didnt pay off for me yet and i didnt get out this weekend but my brother in law took a big doe right after sun up yesterday. i went over and cut it up and went home with quite the haul for the freezer. heard 5 or 6 other shots while cutting it up. figure everyone around us got one too. going out tomorrow morning to see if i can add some more to the freezer.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Very well said. Nothing like being able to just let all the everyday stresses go for awhile, even in a good year.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Heard tons of shots in the morning and I didn’t see squat, and the about an hour before hunting hours ended for the end of the day someone decided to start setting off large amounts of tannerite, so that ended my hunt early and they continued to set off the tannerite and it was shaking the walls and floor from at least a half mile away. Total buzz kill, but there is signs of life and enough squirrels to feed my family for months

View attachment 93239
    View attachment 93238
    View attachment 93237

I'll come and get the squirrels for you. What's your location?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I'll come and get the squirrels for you. What's your location?

Think I’m gonna take boy out and thin the squirrel heard this little guy came within 4ft of us today and then came back to us later on in the hunt
    ee930635eff3221053f0db2da4fd1cae.jpg

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Dude, you hunting with a Mosin????? Cool as hell!!! I was going to use a 1900 Swede but with the drizzle and stuff we had I instead used something a little less collectible.
    Heard a few shots early but none real close. Only deer I saw were in the yard when I walked out the door.

Yea the mosin I was using isn’t my greatest one. I’ll still take care of it but won’t be heartbroken if it gets a few dings on it cause it was gifted to me during a hog hunt a few years ago.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I would say I know exactly where are due to the tannerite except they did on the 13 or 14th. Been 2 weeks and the HERDS of deer that have always hung around have not been back. Nothing.

really stinks as there is a special doe he wants me to harvest.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I would say I know exactly where are due to the tannerite except they did on the 13 or 14th. Been 2 weeks and the HERDS of deer that have always hung around have not been back. Nothing.

really stinks as there is a special doe he wants me to harvest.

Are you east of Indy?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yea the mosin I was using isn’t my greatest one. I’ll still take care of it but won’t be heartbroken if it gets a few dings on it cause it was gifted to me during a hog hunt a few years ago.

Good deal. I used one a couple times down in Ky before we were allowed to use them up. Been getting a little recoil sensitive the last few years due to age and old injuries so went to the Swede.

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Its weekend 2. I'm deerless so far. I'm a taxidermist so I've been pretty busy taking deer in other folks harvest. I went last 2weeks of bow and opener of gun. I went to brown county state park hunt and I'm deerless. I'm not worried I'll get mine. I been hunting 1 particular buck. That's why I haven't harvested any does. I'm getting out last weekend, hopefully, so I might take a doe. I still got muzzleloader too. I have been in the woods about 29 days right now. And it's not over. So gauge ur time in the woods and my time. And I'm not discouraged. I recognize I've been after 1 big boy, but I still need to have the freezer filled. I still got time. If u dont see them on ur property, relocate. Indiana has plenty of state property that is deep. I know I used to hunt it down south until I got my private property to hunt. And if u read my post in deer hunting 2020. If U will read most of those 29 days, I was sitting sun up to sun down. A little advice I've always gave my dad. U cant get a deer sitting on ur sofa

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm with the OP. This hunting season has been disappointing for me too.
    I've got a tight schedule and 3 small children, so I can't go out as much as I'd like.
    The first time I went with a bow someone's car alarm kept going off close enough to scare everything off.
    The first I went with a shotgun some idiot decided he'd go squirrel hunting without permission on land that wasn't his on rifle opening day, and scared everything off. All subsequent times I've been I've seen nothing.

Gonna try a few more times with a bow after Thanksgiving.

Top Bottom