• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    My wife and I and teenage son need to just get into the wilderness and unplug for a weekend. Does anyone know of any cabins for rent that won't put us in the middle of people in blaze orange? We just need to make a fire and wander through the trees and just get grounded...

We're in the Indy area but don't mind driving.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well not so much a cabin, but a backpacking shelter (with doors that close) in Yellow Wood Forest just outside Nashville. About a half mile hike to the east from the parking location and you need to haul your crap on your back. Wife and I have stayed there twice this fall including four days offgrid following the election. If interested in more details shoot me a private message with your phone number on Friday.

https://www.hoosierhikerscouncil.org/assets/Tecumseh_Trail_Guide.pdf

Charlie’s Shelter & Indian Hill-Plum Creek CampingOnce you reach the top of Indian Hill, you will soon come across Charlie’s Shelter, completed in2019. At this location the main trail joins a forest road that runs about a ½ mile west to Indian HillRoad parking lot. There are no ponds, streams, orother water sources located at the shelter or this camping area.

[FONT=&quot]Indian Hill Road is closed at the railroad crossing south of SR 45. Due to safety concerns, this will be a permanent closure. Access the parking area near the Bean Blossom Creek low water crossing by going north on Indian Hill Road from Plum Creek Road. [/FONT]Youwill turn off of SR 45 at right (east) on Plum CreekRoad. This road is about 13 miles fromBloomington on SR 45, and is located in the verysmall town of Needmore. If you reach Lake Lemon or Trevlac, you’ve gone too far. If you continueeast on Plum Creek Road, in a little less than 1 mile you will reach a large junction where four roadscome together at various angles. This is called Dollsberry Junction. Go left (north) on Indian HillRoad. Continue for about 1 mile and at the top of a large hill you will see the gravel parking lot tothe right (east).

DSC00721-1024x683.jpg

Top Bottom