• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    any waterfowl hunters out there? i know most of this state is not prime waterfowl territory but there are birds to be shot. im in west central indiana. wondering if anyone north(or anywhere else) has been seeing birds moving into or through their area. i check the DU migration map but it seems like less and less reporting is done every year.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    ive just been seeing the local geese from the neighboring housing editions retention ponds. they fly out and land in the fields around my deer woods but ive seen nothing for new birds yet either. hopefully soon

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    This is my first year waterfowl hunting..... never to old to start. After years of this buddy and that buddy yeah we will go and never going I decided to do it by myself. If I start to see anything in my locale I’ll post it here. Thanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    its a ton of fun but this state is pretty slim for access and number of birds compared to alot of states. ive heard north and south west are the areas in this state to be in for good numbers. i make it to goose pond every once and awhile but its a drive for me and i havent had great success the last few years there. watching the geese and what fields they are using and then banging on doors and asking to set up the next day is about the best way to get on some geese this time of year. most farmers dont like them and alot of folks only hunt deer in firearms season, so when that ends, more folks seem alright with letting a few dudes go hammer some geese in their feilds.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    just got home from an evening goose hunt. saw probably 60-70 geese and maybe 20 ducks. only had one group work us, was about 20 geese. came over and passed us by. we blasted on the calls and got them to come back by for another look but not close enough. didnt flair but there was something they didnt like. had a dozen full bodies and the same number of shells in the spread. it looked good but the field is all mud. i only have permission on a tilled under bean field, so its not optimal. they keep passing us by and heading into corn stubble a few fields down. saw more birds than i have been though so numbers are growing.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I mainly hunt waterfowl in Wisconsin. The birds are very late this year. They really just started arriving there about two weeks ago. That's about 2-4 weeks later than normal.

Here in C. Indiana have seen almost no migrating ducks. I have a few spots I watch where they huddle up at night and they are nearly empty.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    hows wisconsin for ducks? i bet thats a fun state to hunt. i started waterfowl hunting in kansas and was spoiled rotten with access and numbers of birds. came back to indiana and now i lie in cut fields praying to the goose gods to let me even see a group or two. i sat the fenceline tonight just to count birds and see what they were doing. saw three nice groups of mallards about 10-12 per and somewhere between 75-100 geese in about 5 different groups. loners and pairs moving around near sundown. going to call a buddy and get a good spread going later in the week and see if we cant put a few on the ground.

Top Bottom