• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Hello All just curious when you all are hitting the field to hunt dogs and why? are you heading out early evening, middle of the night, or early morning?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I preferred early morning, because I don't have thermal. I do know some guys that hunted night that seemed to have more success, but they hunted quite a bit more also

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Any time I can get out is when I go. I get mine about 50/50 day/night. Biggest factor I've found is to hunt the woods during light, open areas at night. Actually now that I think about, a couple hours either side of sunset and sunrise is when I've done best, very little luck mid day and mid night.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mostly night time here, but apparently, the hubby needs to get out there more. He's been busy building a house and has been too tired to go at night. We had a big one in the back yard at 7 this morning.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I’m not able to get out as much as I would like, so when I do get out there with some buddies, we normally hunt from dusk until 1am or so. Best times seem to be right after dark and again around midnight, but I’m no expert.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Cameras went out over the bait yesterday. Coyotes on the camera last night starting about 9:30 so hubby is already out there for tonight. No loud bangs so far....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Did you get him a thermal scope?

Not yet. They all seem to be backordered. He is also spending a lot of our savings right now building a house for our daughter and her family. For a retired guy, he is pretty busy...reminds me of a certain mod on this forum.

Building the house makes a scope looks like a cheap purchase though. :laugh:

yotehunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 2, 2021
    Not Iraq
    I like to hunt an hour after dark or real early in the morning, like midnight - 4am. I use thermal and wpt nvg. Anyone near Indy look me up to team up.

Top Bottom