• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Please read this entire post. I am NOT RESPONDING TO PMs that ask a question that is answered here, and I am NOT taking orders via PM. This group buy is closed.

Sorry to be a hardass about it, but I'm not making any money doing this and I've already got people who clearly didn't read the post.

Aug 8 Update:

The new pallet has been ordered and the sales guy will be getting back to me whether it'll be ready for me to pick up tomorrow (Tuesday Aug. 9).

The PMs will go out to the first people on the list for this pallet. There's 48 cases in a pallet, I have orders from another site and from a couple friends, and I will post here who has been contacted and who is on standby for this pallet. Once this pallet is distributed I am going to hold off doing any more for a few months, so if those at the end of the line don't get any, I'm sorry.

MREs - APack Ready Meals - Self-Heating Emergency Meals Ready to Eat

I will buy the pallet UP FRONT and ONLY collect money once I have MREs in my possession: no lynch mobs showing up at the Ranch because I've been holding money for several months like happened to a certain member here last year. Obviously this means I would have the risk of not everyone making good on their promises to buy and I could potentially be stuck with extra cases of MREs. Not a huge deal for me since we buy several cases a year anyway.

So, here's how I'm going to run it: I will buy 1 pallet. That's 48 cases. WHEN I have the MREs in my possession I will collect payments via paypal, CC (both will incur whatever additional service charge), or cash on collection. Once you have paid, your username gets written on the case(s) and they are yours until the supply chain can get them to you.

Since I am buying these up front it's going to be first come, first served. ie, you say, "I want 2 cases" then you have committed to buying 2 cases. Until I actually have possession of the pallet you can change your mind or quantity. If you cannot make good on your interest (this means actually paying for them) within 1 week of when I have MREs in my possession, then you go to the end of the line for availability.

If I am stuck with 20 extra cases of MREs at the end, I will be selling them for a profit here or elsewhere. To be clear, if you get in on the buy early, I am not making any profit at all. The only way I would profit from this deal is if I end up getting stuck with a bunch of people backing out once I have paid for them and there's not enough people standing by with requests at which point I'll be selling the remaining ones at a higher price.

Anyone who backs out once I have the MREs in my possession will get a -1 posted from me. Sorry to be a hardass but I can guarantee there are at least a few folks who will have unexpected expenses and won't make good on their commitment. I try very hard not to be that kind of person.

As far as distribution, it's up to each purchaser to pick them up or arrange the supply chain to pick them up. I am in Bedford and Bloomington weekly, I would be picking them up in Evansville and can meet folks down south the day I pick them up, and once a month or so I get up to Indy. I am NOT going to be a delivery service running around the state.

May GB:
    Magyars: 3-Paid and received
    The Bubba Effect: 2 -Paid and received
    CVMA544: 2 -paid for and received
    theweakerbrother: 2- Paid and received
    Gamez235: 2-withdrawn
    Snorko: 2 -paid for and received
    Mutt: 5- paid and received
    Hvacrguy: 2- Paid and delivered to pickup site
    Wrangler: 3- paid and received
    GARANDGUY: 2-no payment
    tk21k: 3- paid and received
    Clay: 2-paid and delivered to Eddie for pickup
    garlic_b: 2-paid and received
    ---------------------------previous group buy above, new group buy below:
    Aug GB:
    purple472: -withdrawn
    Nate1865: -withdrawn
    HighStrung: -withdrawn
    Wink and the Gun: 4 paid and delivered
    Coserman: 2 paid and delivered
    vesan87: 4 paid and delivered
    IndianaGTI: 5 paid and delivered
    SERVED_USMC: 3-no contact
    ssgjason: 2 paid delivered to Snorko
    Foxfire: 3 paid and delivered
    huey: withdrawn
    split: 2 no contact
    VERT: 3 paid and delivered
    yepthatsme: 2 no contact
    CVMA544: 3 paid and delivered
    SmileDocHill: 4 paid and delivered
    LawDog76: 2 no contact
    Longbow: 4 paid and delivered
    Snorko: 2 paid delivered and picked up ssgjason's
    jamin: 3 paid

Cut off for this pallet. Next in line:
    Contacted 9-Aug-2011

Cornbread: 2 no contact
    dudley0: 2 paid
    chraland51: 5 confirmed
    samrothstein01: 6 paid
    csaws: 9 confirmed
    Dirtebiker: 4 confirmed
    a.bentonab: 1 no contact
    Jackson: 3 comfirmed
    Peashooter: 5 confirmed
    Clay: 2 confirmed
    rhart: 2 paid
    theweakerbrother: 2 confirmed
    The Bubba Effect: 2 confirmed
    salemons: 3 paid

Waitlisted:

Wrangler: 6 confirmed
    Citronman1980: 3 confirmed
    hickuleas: 2 confirmed
    CVMA544:1 confirmed

Last edited:

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I will take 2 cases, I am in Pike county about30 miles north east of Ameriqual, I used to work just north of there so I am used to the drive.

That being said, I have a F-350 with an 8ft bed I can help out if need be I can get a trailer also. I think2 pallets would fit in the back I don't know what they weigh but I am sure the truck can handle it.

If I can be of some assistance let me know. Hit me PM and I can get you my cell number.

Stu

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I will take 2 cases, I am in Pike county about30 miles north east of Ameriqual, I used to work just north of there so I am used to the drive.

That being said, I have a F-350 with an 8ft bed I can help out if need be I can get a trailer also. I think2 pallets would fit in the back I don't know what they weigh but I am sure the truck can handle it.

If I can be of some assistance let me know. Hit me PM and I can get you my cell number.

Stu

I'll keep it in mind, but so far I'm going to do this one pallet at a time since more than that goes over my limit on my CC :D

Thanks for the offer though, and if I do end up needing help with it I'll shoot you a PM.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Anyone heading down from Indy. If you'll split gas I'll drve my expedition which should a lot of MRE's

If I can score a ride share I am in for at least five cases

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    My Previous post was too conditional and would have been a PITA tom work out. if I can gmthem from Bloomington I am in fo five cases for a total 0f $280, is that correct?

At five case and 12 meqls per case that gets .down to a single meal cost of like 4.66 with a case cost of 56 bucks

And that is a ripping good deal. I have a family of five so no matter WTF happens we are eating like marines for almost weeks for less than th cost of filling my truck up twice

Hell, if I can sell some of the guns I have listed maybe I'll by more

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    My Previous post was too conditional and would have been a PITA tom work out. if I can gmthem from Bloomington I am in fo five cases for a total 0f $280, is that correct?

At five case and 12 meqls per case that gets .down to a single meal cost of like 4.66 with a case cost of 56 bucks

And that is a ripping good deal. I have a family of five so no matter WTF happens we are eating like marines for almost weeks for less than th cost of filling my truck up twice

Hell, if I can sell some of the guns I have listed maybe I'll by more

Yeah, on your first post I was wondering how to deal with conditionals since it makes it less fair to those who post later. I think I'm going to treat conditionals as being at the end of the line. 5x56=$280, correct.

Once each purchaser has paid for them within that one week period discussed in the original post I'm fine with holding on to them until transportation can be arranged. Like I said, once they have been paid for the case(s) will be marked with the username of the buyer so if it takes a while to arrange the supply chain it's no big deal on my end. My big deal is paying my credit card back off in in a timely fashion so I don't incur an interest charge since I normally pay them off each month.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    how big are the cases if i drive that far i am going to have to drive the aveo

PM sent. Posting this to get on the thread for updates.

Cases are approximately 16x11x9.

And in the interest of simplicity for me, I'm putting the orders in the OP in the order I see them come in. Like I said, even if the remaining cases count is zero, go ahead and put in a request since invariably someone will not make good on their requests, and I'll do a second pallet once the first one has had everyone pay for theirs and there's enough interest. This is not a special one time price (though prices can always increase), it's just the pallet cost and since few of us can afford to or have the interest in an entire pallet we can distribute the load across many folks. Assuming this one goes reasonably smoothly I'm not against doing this regularly (2-3 times a year) as there is interest.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom