• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    In spite of my knowing better given how much of a PITA these things are, I am ready to do another group buy of MREs.

Please read this entire post. I am NOT RESPONDING TO PMs that ask a question that is answered here, and I am NOT taking orders via PM.

MREs - APack Ready Meals - Self-Heating Emergency Meals Ready to Eat
    Please note these are not the military packaging, but the food inside is the same, just in the civilian packaging (Ameriqual makes the military MREs).

I will buy the pallet UP FRONT and ONLY collect money once I have MREs in my possession: no lynch mobs showing up at the Ranch because I've been holding money for several months like happened to a certain member here a while back. Obviously this means I would have the risk of not everyone making good on their promises to buy and I could potentially be stuck with extra cases of MREs. Not a huge deal for me since we buy several cases a year anyway.

So, here's how I'm going to run it: I will buy 1 pallet. That's 48 cases. WHEN I have the MREs in my possession I will collect payments via paypal+3%, or cash/check. No checks in person, and only once the check has cleared will the MREs be released. Once you have paid, your username gets written on the case(s) and they are yours until the supply chain can get them to you. Payment will be within 2 weeks of my having the pallet in my possession. I am buying these on my credit card and I do not like to carry a balance on the card.

Since I am buying these up front it's going to be first come, first served. ie, you post IN THIS THREAD, "I want 2 cases" then you have committed to buying 2 cases. Until I actually have possession of the pallet you can change your mind or quantity. If you cannot make good on your interest (this means actually paying for them) within 2 weeks of when I have MREs in my possession, then you go to the end of the line for availability. Last couple of times I had people jerk me around with "check is in the mail" including someone who ignored the repeated PMs requesting payment then got huffy a couple months later when they were sold to someone else.

Sorry to be a hardass but I can guarantee there are at least a few folks who will have unexpected expenses and won't make good on their commitment. I try very hard not to be that kind of person and I have little patience for others who do it.

If I am stuck with 20 extra cases of MREs at the end, I will be selling them for a profit here or elsewhere. To be clear, if you get in on the buy early, I am not making any profit at all. The only way I would profit from this deal is if I end up getting stuck with a bunch of people backing out once I have paid for them and there's not enough people standing by with requests at which point I'll be selling the remaining ones at a higher price.

As far as distribution, it's up to each purchaser to pick them up or arrange the supply chain to pick them up. I am in Bedford and Bloomington weekly and will be going to the March 1500 on Friday. I would be picking them up in Evansville the end of next week and can meet folks down south the day I pick them up, and once a month or so I get up to Indy. I am NOT going to be a delivery service running around the state as I can spend a bunch in gas for something I make no money doing. You can arrange for someone else to pick yours up. All details of these transactions will be made public on this post so there is no question.

The price per case is $59, and yes, I can ship them for actual shipping cost. That's what it costs for the pallet and for me to drive down there and back to get the pallet. If there's enough interest I will do a second pallet.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This post is reserved for keeping track of who has responded with orders.

30 Another Site all paid
    4 HamsterStyle PAID DELIVERED
    1 JeremiahJohnson PAID DELIVERED
    4 snorko -PAID/DELIVERED
    2 obijohn PAID DELIVERED to clay
    3 cosermann PAID DELIVERED
    1 prepgal PAID DELIVERED
    3 starbreather -backed out, cases offered to the next person in line (another site)

2nd Pallet

11 Another Site all paid.
    2 spencer rifle PAID DELIVERED TO smiledochill
    2 cyprant PAID DELIVERED to smiledochill
    1 clay PAID DELIVERED
    4 fallenangel1 PAID DELIVERED
    2 rockhopper46038 PAID DELIVERED
    2 pudly PAID DELIVERED to-smiledochill
    1 japartridge PAID DELIVERED
    4 The Bubba Effect PAID DELIVERED
    1 bmbutch PAID DELIVERED to snorko
    2 AttackMonkey PAID DEIVERED to smiledochill
    3 hickuleas PAID DELIVERED
    4 SmileDocHill PAID DELIVERED
    4 Glock PAID Delivered to Profire
    3 Mcolson181 PAID Delivered to Profire
    2 dlbrown75 NO RESPONSE

The second pallet is spoken for.

Standby orders:

5 Another Site
    3 Bersalover
    2 Vlad the Impaler
    5 garlic_b
    3 rkwhyte2
    4 kpt
    6 LockStocksAndBarrel
    2 longbow

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I am in for 1 case. I will ask around my non internet savvy friends as well.

I am supposed to be going to Paoli on the 16th. I could probably be persuaded to help get some back up to Indy.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    In for my annual [STRIKE]TWO [/STRIKE] FOUR cases.

I will pay cash and meet in Evansville during OP's pick-up trip. I will be glad to take delivery for anyone in the Evansville area to make things easier on the OP. If someone wants that, PM me to confirm.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Count me in for 3.

Sounds like a B-town meet up would work as well as last time.

Repped for coordinating again. :ingo:

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    What time will you be in Indy on Friday (at the 1500) ?? i may be interested in picking some of these up.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    If we could set a time to meet up at the 1500 on Friday around 5-6pm I could be in 4 cases.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    1 case please. Hopefully some one in the supply chain can help bring these back up to NWI. Will be paying via Paypal Gift (no fees) if that is allowed.

Any one heading to the April Production/Singlestack/Revolver championships in Warsaw? I will be there Saturday if some one can kindly bring this up with them.

Thanks

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    I can probably do that timeframe, but I can't take conditional orders; either in or out, anything else is too much of a headache for me to try to track.

No problem .. I just wanted to be sure I could meet you or else I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get them all. I'm in for 4 cases.

Thanks!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    2 cases please. Wish they'd replace those damn osmotic raisins because otherwise they are good. :puke:

I'd like to meet at the 1500 if possible.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom