Join INGunOwners For Free

My Fitness Pal

1. perry
    perry
    Anyone else use myfitnesspal.com? It's a free calorie counting and weigh in tool (free iphone and android app too) with a "social" aspect to it. I used to use a different site / app but just switched to this one because it seems better. The food database is pretty huge and you can use your smart phone camera to scan barcodes so you don't have to enter data in manually. I don't track / pay attention to them, but it can keep track of all the nutrition values of your foods.

My username on there is perrywolf if you want to add me. I'm going to try to be better about using the site!
  2. marshallartist
    marshallartist
    I just downloaded it. I'll give it a look and may try to use it as well.
  3. hacksawfg
    hacksawfg
    Added you, hacksawfg if anybody wants to add me.
  4. Rayne
    Rayne
    I've been using my fitness pal for a week and really like it. Got my walking partner to start using it too. Definitely worth looking into. You can synchronize your computer and your app so your data is current on both.
  5. Hoosier8
    Hoosier8
    I used to have BalanceLog on a PDA which eventually became FitnessPal. Using it helped me lose 50 lbs 10 years ago.
    They have a huge database of foods and the food entry is pretty easy. I am not sure I trust their calorie calcs on the exercises though.
  6. hacksawfg
    hacksawfg
    I try to keep the calorie count below the daily limit (hard to do when I'm out of town on business though), exercise is gravy - mmm, gravy - because I don't trust their numbers either.
Button Dodge