• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wanted to let people know about it if they hadn't seen them. Located near 56th and Keystone, 12 indoor lanes, 6 pistol up to 50ft, 6 rifle up to 75ft. Shot there sever times, good prices on time and ammo.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I live near Indy Arms and toured the shop when it first opened. It's a beautiful store and range, but I've never shot there. They have a weird ammo policy.

https://www.indyarms.com/range/ammo-policy/

They say they only allow factory ammo in original packaging, even for handguns. I'm not a reloader, but I do buy large boxes of Blazer Brass ammo (250-350 rounds), then take my ammo to the range in small plastic boxes. I don't want to take a flimsy box of 350 rounds to the range just to shoot 50-100 rounds. Their policy seems to require that.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If you want to shoot rifle, you'll have to purchase your ammo from them. All center fire rifle ammo! This place is going to go out of business within a year if they adhere to their Ammo policy. I won't be visiting!

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was able to dig the envelope out of the garage trash...I need to weaponize whatever is growing at the bottom of the trash can...ugh.

As far as their ammo policy, can't say I have dealt with them on the rifle issue, just have the 22 for now, and I buy their 9mm Blazer when I shoot my S&W there. I personally don't have an issue with having to buy my ammo there, but I can see others might.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I've shot there a couple of times. It is the closest range to me, probably 10 mins. away. Very nice and clean state of the art type range facility. LED lights, punch in target distance you want...

I want to fully support them but like others have stated there are a few quirks which people should be aware of.

1) They require you to register/sign up via an I pad prior to shooting. Some people may not relish providing their address and info.
    2) Their ammo policy about being in the factory box and having to purchase center fire ammo from them. I am not a fan of this policy unless I rent their firearm. Usually ammo prices at gun ranges are slightly (being kind here) inflated. You are also limited to the selection they carry.

As a plus to the gun community I believe that TFT, previously at Eagle Creek Range, will be using their facility to provide services that they can no longer provide at Eagle Creek.

Their prices seem fair and the employees always attentive. I was also surprised that they are also listed as an authorized dealer for MANY more manufacturers than a lot of the other LGS.

They are opposite the new Meijer store before you get to the post office.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Here's a +1 for Indy Arms Co. I just went today, and put some rounds downrange from my .45 and .44 Magnum. I had a great time, and the pals I was shooting with did too. I will be back.

cncswiss1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Fishers/Noblesville
    I'm gonna guess the Ammo rules stem from the fire potential of a tracer being accidentally fired into a rubber backstop
    serious liability problems now days , I can see the insurance lawyers requiring goofy Ammo rules.
    Not that I like it, just can see where it might be coming from.
    Can't wait to take the kids to test this range out ;)

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Just left there... planned on shooting my pistol and AR. There were 3-4 employees and 2 other customers. Nobody greeted me when I walked in.

When it was my turn at the counter, I was told I had to buy their rifle ammo (at retail). Said never mind then. They told me I could still shoot my pistol to which I said I'd rather just go back to Point Blank and shoot both with my own ammo and no issues. Won't be going back.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    -1 for Indy Arms

I'm sure they don't care about losing my business since I'm not their target audience but I went in to buy some defensive ammo and was told that unless I buy a gun, all I was allowed to buy was target ammo. Allowed to buy? Lucky for me there are other places in town that don't have that policy and they'll accept my money.

It's not like I was trying to buy it all. I wanted 1 box of 9mm and one of 45.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    -1 for Indy Arms

I'm sure they don't care about losing my business since I'm not their target audience but I went in to buy some defensive ammo and was told that unless I buy a gun, all I was allowed to buy was target ammo. Allowed to buy? Lucky for me there are other places in town that don't have that policy and they'll accept my money.

It's not like I was trying to buy it all. I wanted 1 box of 9mm and one of 45.

I added Indy Arms to my "minus" section several months ago. Elmores in Greenwood had ammo the last time I was there and the owner at Parabellum said he has some enroute. if everyone in town is out there's always Targetsportsusa

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I went to this range for the first time a week ago. They are having a sale on their range for a year. Black Friday. I wish ammo wasn’t so expensive or id get one for sure. They are stingy with their ammo. I only used my own when I was trying my 9mm out.

came back to edit. Their special is only $50 off the annual range, I thought it was 50% off. My bad.

Last edited:

harrysonsss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Carmel
    Not a fan of indoor ranges so I can't speak to that, but they have a pretty decent FFL transfer price for my side of town (not paying $45+ to get something transferred in Carmel)

Top Bottom