Brand New Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierHIT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2017
    Linton
    Has anyone checked out the brand new Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale yet? I was there last Thursday and it was really awesome!!! Only $7.00/hr to shoot and Robert and his staff will give you a great experience! It looks like a newer twin to Atterbury to me... Great pro shop and awesome range! Just 3 miles south of 40 just East of the Putnamville Prison...

Deer Creek Gun Range

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Has anyone checked out the brand new Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale yet? I was there last Thursday and it was really awesome!!! Only $7.00/hr to shoot and Robert and his staff will give you a great experience! It looks like a newer twin to Atterbury to me... Great pro shop and awesome range! Just 3 miles south of 40 just East of the Putnamville Prison...

Deer Creek Gun Range

I've been there multiple times and love it. My understanding is that it's the only Indiana DNR range with steel targets.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I will be excited when I can have a pistol in a holster on the range, or heaven forbid draw a pistol from a holster and do some shooting.

HoosierHIT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2017
    Linton
    I generally go there to shoot, not walk around with my gun holstered. I understand both sides of the issue, however, for a great place to shoot, and for the $$$$ it's pretty hard to beat....

sethr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2017
    Putnam County
    Self-defense practice includes drawing from a holster. I can see the other side since there are idiots that can't keep their finger out of the trigger guard until they come up on target.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will be excited when I can have a pistol in a holster on the range, or heaven forbid draw a pistol from a holster and do some shooting.

I'm with you on this Coach. When I read that line, I was done. I almost always have a gun on my hip when I am at the range. I'll stick with the private ranges.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not only is a holstered gun necessary for practice of defensive skills or any action shooting discipline (not just "walking around"), but it's foolish to the point of stupidity to be unarmed at any time on a shooting range. Not everyone who shoots at a range is a good or sane person.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Not only is a holstered gun necessary for practice of defensive skills or any action shooting discipline (not just "walking around"), but it's foolish to the point of stupidity to be unarmed at any time on a shooting range. Not everyone who shoots at a range is a good or sane person.

I'm curious which outdoor public range you shoot at and suggest?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Anyone or any range that prohibits holstered guns and drawing from the holster is really anti-gun. The same state issues a LTCH in this case is banning them from public property. Explain that side of things to me.

It is safe enough to carry a gun around in public for defense but not safe at a gun range.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Seems like a fine range if one doesn't carry a firearm but does want to bring one to shoot. And this will suit a lot of people just fine, but for those of us that DO carry a firearm it's not a good fit.
    I don't know their rationale for their "No holstered firearms on ANY Person" rule, but I agree that it IS anti-gun. I can go in Kroger with my gun, but not a gun range? Hmmm... No thanks!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Why? I don't shoot at "public" ranges, mostly because the rules are contrary to my range needs.

There are places that you can join that are inexpensive. There are a number of clubs where the annual dues are $100 or less (RileyCC, Crawfordsville GC, Linden CC, etc.).

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Why? I don't shoot at "public" ranges, mostly because the rules are contrary to my range needs.

There are places that you can join that are inexpensive. There are a number of clubs where the annual dues are $100 or less (RileyCC, Crawfordsville GC, Linden CC, etc.).

So no answer to my question. Thank you for your reply. Have a nice flight.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You said this:

I answered thusly:

"I don't shoot at "public" ranges" is a direct and concise response to your question.

Allow me to be more explicit since you were unable to decipher my message:

1. There exists is no public range at which I shoot. If your question "I'm curious which outdoor public range you shoot at" was sincerely inquiring about where I shoot that is also a public range, then my response was sufficient, whether you choose to admit it or not. That leads me to believe your question was something else. If you can't ask it directly, you're not going to be satisfied.

2. The outdoor public ranges I suggest are the null set, as I do not "suggest" any of them.

So no answer to my question. Thank you for your reply. Have a nice flight.

1. You are incorrect; see above.
    2. You are welcome and thank you for your gracious response!
    3. "Have a nice flight" is either a non-sequitur in this context, or a failed attempt at humor.

IsThatLegal?

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2017
    Whitestown
    You said this:

I answered thusly:

"I don't shoot at "public" ranges" is a direct and concise response to your question.

Allow me to be more explicit since you were unable to decipher my message:

1. There exists is no public range at which I shoot. If your question "I'm curious which outdoor public range you shoot at" was sincerely inquiring about where I shoot that is also a public range, then my response was sufficient, whether you choose to admit it or not. That leads me to believe your question was something else. If you can't ask it directly, you're not going to be satisfied.

2. The outdoor public ranges I suggest are the null set, as I do not "suggest" any of them.

1. You are incorrect; see above.
    2. You are welcome and thank you for your gracious response!
    3. "Have a nice flight" is either a non-sequitur in this context, or a failed attempt at humor.

You are the best Rhino!

Top Bottom