Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Brand New Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale!

Has anyone checked out the brand new Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale yet? I was there last Thursday and it was really awesome!!! Only $7.00/hr to shoot and Robert and his staff will give you a great experience! It looks like a newer twin to Atterbury to me... Great pro shop and awesome range! Just 3 miles south of 40 just East of the Putnamville Prison...

Deer Creek Gun Range

User Info Menu

The rules are contrary to my range needs.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHIT View Post
    Has anyone checked out the brand new Deer Creek Range near Cloverdale yet? I was there last Thursday and it was really awesome!!! Only $7.00/hr to shoot and Robert and his staff will give you a great experience! It looks like a newer twin to Atterbury to me... Great pro shop and awesome range! Just 3 miles south of 40 just East of the Putnamville Prison...

Deer Creek Gun Range
    I've been there multiple times and love it. My understanding is that it's the only Indiana DNR range with steel targets.

User Info Menu

I will be excited when I can have a pistol in a holster on the range, or heaven forbid draw a pistol from a holster and do some shooting.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker

User Info Menu

I generally go there to shoot, not walk around with my gun holstered. I understand both sides of the issue, however, for a great place to shoot, and for the $$$$ it's pretty hard to beat....

User Info Menu

Self-defense practice includes drawing from a holster. I can see the other side since there are idiots that can't keep their finger out of the trigger guard until they come up on target.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I will be excited when I can have a pistol in a holster on the range, or heaven forbid draw a pistol from a holster and do some shooting.

I'm with you on this Coach. When I read that line, I was done. I almost always have a gun on my hip when I am at the range. I'll stick with the private ranges.
    "It is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit." --Socrates

User Info Menu

Not only is a holstered gun necessary for practice of defensive skills or any action shooting discipline (not just "walking around"), but it's foolish to the point of stupidity to be unarmed at any time on a shooting range. Not everyone who shoots at a range is a good or sane person.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Not only is a holstered gun necessary for practice of defensive skills or any action shooting discipline (not just "walking around"), but it's foolish to the point of stupidity to be unarmed at any time on a shooting range. Not everyone who shoots at a range is a good or sane person.
    I'm curious which outdoor public range you shoot at and suggest?

User Info Menu

Anyone or any range that prohibits holstered guns and drawing from the holster is really anti-gun. The same state issues a LTCH in this case is banning them from public property. Explain that side of things to me.

It is safe enough to carry a gun around in public for defense but not safe at a gun range.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast