Buying a pistol from out of state dealer via the web.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I did my research, watched a lot of youtubes, found the pistol at shows to get hands on, feels really good. Decided I wanted one and started looking. Going to get the high end variant of the model I want, so I get exactly what I want. Local dealers don't have it, cannot even order it through their distributors. So out on the web, and I search and search, no luck. Contact the manufacturer and they point me to a few places.

First one (out of state) has it in stock at a good price. I order it. They send me an email and say contact your local FFL and have them send their info to the out of state dealer (fairly large outdoor outfitters shop). I do this and get a delivery tracking number.

Hmmm, on the tracking site it says it will be home delivery and no signature required. What?! Must be a generic message.

A couple days, tracking says it is out for delivery, then delivered at 2:45 PM. Yeah!

I go to my FFL dealer and say I'm here to get my pistol, they know me, I'm in weekly renting and shooting.

They say, no pistol delivered, in fact no deliveries of any kind today. What?! Surely it was not delivered to my home!

I go home, package on the front porch, oh my god! But wait, it is in a soft bag and fairly small, this cannot be it. I tear it open and it is a hunting vest (by the same manufacturer of the pistol). But the packing slip says it is my pistol! Relieved a pistol was not left on my porch...

I call the out of state dealer and say I ordered a pistol, but delivery was to my home without need of signature or anyone home, they go a bit ape ****. I then tell them the package contained a vest, not my pistol. The guy calms down a bit, apologizes profusely, and asks for the vest back, they send me a label so the return is painless.

He must of caught his boss's attention due to his earlier agitation cause he puts the phone down and explains in detail what he is going to do to the person that did the packaging and shipping.

Right now my pistol is in Memphis, half way here, tracking does NOT say home delivery, and an adult signature is required.

We shall see how this one goes...

Top Bottom