• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stopped into Pinnacle Firearms today (5/19/18) for their grand opening weekend event. The shop has been open for a few weeks now in Carmel, off West Carmel Drive, not too far from Point Blank.

It's not a big shop, but they had lots of rifles, shotguns and revolvers. The selection of newer plastic guns was more limited, but will be growing. I was told they bought a large collection from a guy out in PA, and that's where most of the inventory came from. Once that clears out they will have a larger selection of AR parts, plastic pistols and class 3 stuff.

They did have a small selection of mags, holsters, bags and soft cases, but it's not currently a destination for comparing lots of accessories side by side. They will soon start offing full gun-smithing and cerakote services.

I did score a used Smith & Wesson 686-6. I've wanted one for a while and it was already a great price, but I hemmed and hawed a bit and they voluntarily dropped the price by an additional $25 and threw in a free hat, so I couldn't pass it up.

acFnw0A.jpg

Yx3dEnJ.jpg

They are having the open house today until 6:00 p.m. Stop by if you're in the area. They seem like good folks and I will definitely be back.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Got to check this out today. They have a VERY impressive inventory for a store only open a couple weeks. Nice holster selection. A lot of atypical guns.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had a chance to shoot the 686 today. I only put 100 rounds of .38 spl. through it, but man was it fun to shoot.

It shoots better than I do, so I'm looking forward to some more trigger time with it. It was hitting a touch high, so I think I need to tweak the sites for elevation, but otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

Now to get a nice leather holster and some rose wood grips.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I passed by it today. It's a but of in the cut, but I'll probably stop by at some point. Seems likes it's in a odd place.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I passed by it today. It's a but of in the cut, but I'll probably stop by at some point. Seems likes it's in a odd place.

Not sure what that means, but yeah it's off the beaten path. Tough to see from the road and kind of hidden around a corner. You really need to know where you're going to find it.

They also don't have a sign up at the top of the building, just a window cling.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't have what most people refer to as "money" so I don't really go to gun stores on a frequent basis. That being said they had at least a couple pistols that had integral suppressors that I've not seen before. It was pretty cool in that it had the footprint of a regular pistol with an attachment under the barrel vs adding huge length to the barrel. At a glance you wouldn't think suppressor, just large pistol front of the trigger.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I went in yesterday for the 1st time. Very nice shop. The guys working were very nice and seemed very knowledgeable. I will definitely be going back.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They are around the corner from my office. I pop in there a lot nowadays. I was there yesterday myself.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I stopped in there earlier this week. Really nice place. Not big, but a good variety. Reminds me of the old-time gun shops where the guns are out in front of the counter (well, the long guns) and you can get a good look without waiting for a number or to ask the sales guy to get something for you.

Prices looked reasonable, too.

Will definitely be stopping in regularly.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Well, after trying to contact them for a week and not being called back as promised, I’ve given up that they really want to sell guns. Customer follow up is weak.

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I stopped by last week and have only good things to say. As others have said, small shop but a surprisingly good selection - not just the usual polymer. Good prices for in stock and best local fee for transfers. Friendly owner and clerk with on site gunsmith. I think it'll be my go-to shop.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    I stopped by last week and have only good things to say. As others have said, small shop but a surprisingly good selection - not just the usual polymer. Good prices for in stock and best local fee for transfers. Friendly owner and clerk with on site gunsmith. I think it'll be my go-to shop.

What are they charging for a transfer?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom