• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FearAndLoathing

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I apologize if this has been asked a million times...

After the fire, did BGF ever rebuild their range? I've never gotten a straight answer on if they did rebud, or are planning to rebuild.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    They didn't rebuild and as far as I know no plans to rebuikd. But they have an excellent selection and good prices. I've bought a few guns there this year.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I used to shop there 14 months ago b/c I worked nearby and it was convenient.
    I wasn't impressed by their prices in contrast to what I was finding here and on Armlist,
    but I was looking for a home protection .38 or .357 or .22LR revolvers and the time.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yep. Capped off a quantity of tracers and left abruptly. Set tons of rubber backstop pellets on fire. F.D. had to punch a hole in the wall and remove with a Bobcat to extinguish.

They are a good business and I'm sure they'll prosper. We just couldn't afford to lose a good range like that. It was the best one in Indianapolis at the time. With the map getting saturated with competing Point Blank locations, our chances of getting another range that allows drawing from a holster look pretty slim.

We need to support Parabellum, now. If anything happens to them, and with the competition from P/B, we will never get another one like it.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Their range is now a car lot.
    Last I heard they have never settled with the insurance company yet.
    They have to the best of my knowledge never made use of INGO to keep in touch with their customer base, no sales, no news, no nothing. It's like they dropped off of the planet.
    They are the second shooting range in Beech Grove to be lost. I knew that if they didn't recover quickly they never would, other ranges were coming on line.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Their range is now a car lot.
    Last I heard they have never settled with the insurance company yet.
    They have to the best of my knowledge never made use of INGO to keep in touch with their customer base, no sales, no news, no nothing. It's like they dropped off of the planet.
    They are the second shooting range in Beech Grove to be lost. I knew that if they didn't recover quickly they never would, other ranges were coming on line.

At one point, I remember one of the principals behind BGF at least being on INGO (may still be), as I had a couple of PM's back and forth several years ago when I was looking for something, but agreed, always seemed like more presence would have been a good thing. That said, I'm always surprised when Indiana shops don't have some sort of presence here (even the ones that do well, you would think would do even better with a presence here).

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    At one point, I remember one of the principals behind BGF at least being on INGO (may still be), as I had a couple of PM's back and forth several years ago when I was looking for something, but agreed, always seemed like more presence would have been a good thing. That said, I'm always surprised when Indiana shops don't have some sort of presence here (even the ones that do well, you would think would do even better with a presence here).
    Most shops are just too busy and the little amount of business that ingo drives to them it isnt worth the time or money to maintain a presence at least in their own subforum. I'm just speaking to what other 3 other gun shop owners and former advertisers here have told me in the past, I'm in no way affiliated with beech grove firearms. They actualy had a huge ingo banner painted on their wall when the range was open and many INGO members participated in a weekly NRA shooting league that was held there that flightsimmer ran independently.
    Losing Beech Grove Firearms Range was devastating to the shooting community. I still think it blew away any current ranges in central Indiana. Not that others arent nice but I think BGF was the best.
    The shop is still one of the largest and most stocked stores in the indy area and they do not jack up their prices on the guns. EXCELLENT prices on new and used guns as far as i am concerned and I am no beginner at buying guns or knowing what things are selling for that I want. So when I say good prices it's the truth and not opinion. Accessories are usualy full retail but if you dont like the price on something make them an offer. They are great people.
    Also they are willing to order anything for you gun or otherwise if they can get it. And I've had guns only take one day to show up!
    This is one of the best gun shops I've been in and they will take good care of you. Beech Grove Firearms used to be just a tiny shop on main street when I started going there and now it is a trend setter and a hip and modern shop that still has that old American gun shop feel to it. I hidden treasure that's no longer hidden. I you live even a couple hours away, make the drive! I promise you won't be dissapointed. Huge AR selection. Huge old and rare revolver selection. Starting to get more milsurp guns in too and they have a couple hard to find ones right now. Lots of shotguns. Lots of bolt action rifles including a few high quality custom ones for professionals. Also they have stripped AR lowers from major brands and parts kits and uppers and a whole range of AR accessories and mags. Lots of holsters. Black rifle coffee too! Huge glock and S&W M&P selection including being blue label dealers for both as well as FN blue label too!!!
    Their used pistol selection is out of this world. They are also class 3 so they have suppressors and other items. I'm just a customer but I am a real gun guy, and it takes a lot to impress me but they are impressive.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Most shops are just too busy and the little amount of business that ingo drives to them it isnt worth the time or money to maintain a presence at least in their own subforum. I'm just speaking to what other 3 other gun shop owners and former advertisers here have told me in the past, I'm in no way affiliated with beech grove firearms. They actualy had a huge ingo banner painted on their wall when the range was open and many INGO members participated in a weekly NRA shooting league that was held there that flightsimmer ran independently.
    Losing Beech Grove Firearms Range was devastating to the shooting community. I still think it blew away any current ranges in central Indiana. Not that others arent nice but I think BGF was the best.
    The shop is still one of the largest and most stocked stores in the indy area and they do not jack up their prices on the guns. EXCELLENT prices on new and used guns as far as i am concerned and I am no beginner at buying guns or knowing what things are selling for that I want. So when I say good prices it's the truth and not opinion. Accessories are usualy full retail but if you dont like the price on something make them an offer. They are great people.
    Also they are willing to order anything for you gun or otherwise if they can get it. And I've had guns only take one day to show up!
    This is one of the best gun shops I've been in and they will take good care of you. Beech Grove Firearms used to be just a tiny shop on main street when I started going there and now it is a trend setter and a hip and modern shop that still has that old American gun shop feel to it. I hidden treasure that's no longer hidden. I you live even a couple hours away, make the drive! I promise you won't be dissapointed. Huge AR selection. Huge old and rare revolver selection. Starting to get more milsurp guns in too and they have a couple hard to find ones right now. Lots of shotguns. Lots of bolt action rifles including a few high quality custom ones for professionals. Also they have stripped AR lowers from major brands and parts kits and uppers and a whole range of AR accessories and mags. Lots of holsters. Black rifle coffee too! Huge glock and S&W M&P selection including being blue label dealers for both as well as FN blue label too!!!
    Their used pistol selection is out of this world. They are also class 3 so they have suppressors and other items. I'm just a customer but I am a real gun guy, and it takes a lot to impress me but they are impressive.

Yep, I bought from the old shop, and it was tiny. I've been to the new location before the incident, not sure if I've been back since the issue or not honestly, but its been quite a while. I don't get to that side of town very often. May have to make a stop there again some time.

And I get it regarding the costs to be an advertiser and needing to put their money where the ROI is, but would be great to see shops like PSS, BGF, Bradis, and others outside of the Indy area be active.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used to go there every weekend when I got back into firearms. After the fire, I tried other ranges and I used to go to Anderson's Gunslingers on a regular basis. Now I have lost interest and started selling
    most of my stuff. I don't like the new ranges and the outdoor one I used to go to is now always full and not worth the drive. Picking up new hobbies now.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I used to visit that shop a few times a month and always enjoyed it. The last three times I’ve been in I’ve waited and waited to look at a certain revolver I was interested in to no avail. Today..... the third time in to look at this revolver one guy was busy eating while the lady was reading the paper. I stood there for 10 minutes and left. Did get a thanks for coming in as I went out the door. Guess that’s a good enough hint that I can buy that revolver elsewhere......

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I used to visit that shop a few times a month and always enjoyed it. The last three times I’ve been in I’ve waited and waited to look at a certain revolver I was interested in to no avail. Today..... the third time in to look at this revolver one guy was busy eating while the lady was reading the paper. I stood there for 10 minutes and left. Did get a thanks for coming in as I went out the door. Guess that’s a good enough hint that I can buy that revolver elsewhere......
    Did you ask if you could see it? They are really good people there but I dont know if they can read minds. They don't get pushy with people and I really like that about them.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Like I say I’ve gone in there for a few years and have bought some guns from them. Every time before I was always asked if I would like to see something/is there something we can help you with. Your right they weren’t pushy or overbearing but we’re sure to let you know they were there to help. The last three times I couldn’t even get a nod my way unless I was walking out the door. ...... I’m not one to beg for service my $$$$ spends lots of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agrv8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I do miss the range at BGF. I live outside of Beech Grove and would find it more convenient now. Their air filtration system was top-notch. Last I heard from the owner was that it is still pending litigation with insurance companies and what-not.
    They have no intention of reopening the range to the public again. They had the range when range options were limited in Indy. Now there are significantly more options. They do technically have a range but it is for them to test-fire weapons they are either working on or taking in on trade to function test.

They do have a good selection and their prices and ever so slightly lower that the likes of Shoot Point Blank.
    They don’t really haggle much on prices a ton but they will work with you a little.
    I try to give my business to them when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I used to go in there quite a lot when they had the range and bought a few guns from them, it was always a friendly store but without the range there's no real reason to go. If they have no intention of opening the range again they need to scrub it from the website and their FB page.

debruynda

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2020
    Fishers
    I heard from a reputable source that the primary reason BGF will NOT be reopening a range is due to the cost of upgrading the range to comply with new regulations the City would place on it's operation. They would be required to install a suitable fire suppression system that would be cost prohibitive once all the necessary ground work for that system were to be put in place by the City.

Top Bottom