• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I was just at Point Blank Carmel where I bought some small items; the clerk asked to see ID, I figured it was age verification, but I looked over in time to see the last of DLN being punched in... when questioned, he said it was for rewards and deals... Not sure I like that idea.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Stores, of any kind, don't get personal information from me. Sorry, you don't need my ID or phone number, zip code, address, email, etc for a simple small purchase. Don't care what kind of excuse (digital receipt, warranty) you use, you're not getting it.

Another pet peeve of mine, calling me by my name after I pay for an item. I don't know you, you are the cashier I MAY see once a month. That goes for first name & Mr. last name. Don't like it, it doesn't build familiarity or endear me toward you and your company in any way. It's personal info, creepy and invasive, stop it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Why do you even step foot in that place? So many better LGS to spend money at.

There are no LGS's in Carmel. Other than those anti-2A Dick's, or the sports isle of Meijer or Wally World, they're the only place for gun stuff in Carmel.

I was out of something, it was on the way home, and I didn't feel like dealing with the detour to get to and from Meijer.

In my defense, I've only been in there 3 or 4 times since they opened, usually just to look, spent maybe $40 in all.

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are no LGS's in Carmel. Other than those anti-2A Dick's, or the sports isle of Meijer or Wally World, they're the only place for gun stuff in Carmel.

I was out of something, it was on the way home, and I didn't feel like dealing with the detour to get to and from Meijer.

In my defense, I've only been in there 3 or 4 times since they opened, usually just to look, spent maybe $40 in all.

Pinnacle Firearms is in Carmel as well.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’ve been in once. At the time it was mostly revolvers and older rifles. Prices seem to be par for the revolvers I looked. They’re weren’t screaming deals, but not gouging either.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Pinnacle Firearms is in Carmel as well.

This.

I’ve been in once. At the time it was mostly revolvers and older rifles. Prices seem to be par for the revolvers I looked. They’re weren’t screaming deals, but not gouging either.

I was there for their official grand opening a couple of months ago. They cut me a great deal on a 686-6 and threw in a free hat.

They even offered to toss in a free box of .357 ammo so I could run up to Point Blank and shoot it. I thought that was too generous so I turned it down.

They are good people over there.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was just at Point Blank Carmel where I bought some small items; the clerk asked to see ID, I figured it was age verification, but I looked over in time to see the last of DLN being punched in... when questioned, he said it was for rewards and deals... Not sure I like that idea.

That's crazy. Rewards and deals can use any unique identifier they want to assign. Recording ID #'s just doesn't seem like information I'd want to record as a business.

Not that I am a fan of the EU and the govt overreach there, but sometimes I think some of the protections of recently passed GDPR would be a good thing.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I don’t shop there because I have access to an outdoor range. But I’ve been there in the past. I would simply say no, and if they insisted, not buy the accessories or ammo I was going to buy.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Like I said I thought it was birthday, which Walmart and Meijer do every time I buy ammo, it wasn't until I looked at what he was putting in that I realized it was my DLN.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Has anyone tried just refusing? Will they still complete the sale?

Never been to PB, and from everything I've read I probably won't. Almost every place I've said no to has went ahead and completed the sale. The exception is the Pizza Hut in Winchester. We're rural so no deliveries for us, everything is a walk-in. Went in there and placed an order and was going to wait on it. They wanted my phone number, told them no, I was going to wait. They said it was part of their system and they HAD to have a phone number in order to place an order. Told them they can put any number they like in there but it wasn't going to be MY number. Girl promptly called the manager over to find out what to do. Manager backed her up and said no phone number in the system then no food. Told them fine, there are other places to get a pizza. They didn't seem to care in the least. Haven't been back in over 5 years, wouldn't go back if their food was free.

tumblr_meohftqlqy1rwbzjpo1_400.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Never been to PB, and from everything I've read I probably won't. Almost every place I've said no to has went ahead and completed the sale. The exception is the Pizza Hut in Winchester. We're rural so no deliveries for us, everything is a walk-in. Went in there and placed an order and was going to wait on it. They wanted my phone number, told them no, I was going to wait. They said it was part of their system and they HAD to have a phone number in order to place an order. Told them they can put any number they like in there but it wasn't going to be MY number. Girl promptly called the manager over to find out what to do. Manager backed her up and said no phone number in the system then no food. Told them fine, there are other places to get a pizza. They didn't seem to care in the least. Haven't been back in over 5 years, wouldn't go back if their food was free.

Wow, that is insane.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

You

next time, give them my number.
    I love freebies.

317 555 5555.

Or you can use my wife’s number. Jenny’s. I think you know it by heart.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    next time, give them my number.
    I love freebies.

317 555 5555.

Or you can use my wife’s number. Jenny’s. I think you know it by heart.

Actually had a friend that went in there after I told him about it. They asked for his number as well. He gave them their own number. The girl said she couldn't use it. He asked her "Why not? I'm standing right here. If you call that number and ask for Mike you can get me." He said she thought about it for a minute then shrugged her shoulders and entered it. :):

As for me, there will never be a next time. I tell them no, if they push the issue then I walk away and go someplace else.

Top Bottom