• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There's an Android smartphone app called "Where to shoot". It's decently accurate & free on Google Play. The closest place I found for Greensburg is Decatur County Conservation Club. I've never been there. Your welcome. :ingo:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    There's an Android smartphone app called "Where to shoot". It's decently accurate & free on Google Play. The closest place I found for Greensburg is Decatur County Conservation Club. I've never been there. Your welcome. :ingo:

Decatur county cc is a mess.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thank you. Tried looking up your club, but couldn't find anything. Any more information? Membership info, location. etc.

(Could you define, "...a mess."? Not sure what kind you mean.) :)

Mike at guns and tackle can set you up with a membership. I'm in Delaware for a few weeks. We just kind of reformed and working on bringing it into the 21st century. New berm, steel matches, rimfire challenge are all in the works.

Dec Co cc... People wreck it. I shoot there from time to time, but it's nasty. The shooting benches are dilapidated, people blast all kinds of trash and leave it, the first 20 yards are a mud hole from people just shooting into the ground. It does let you stretch out to 179 yards, you just have to wade through a swamp to set your targets up.

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    Mike at guns and tackle can set you up with a membership. I'm in Delaware for a few weeks. We just kind of reformed and working on bringing it into the 21st century. New berm, steel matches, rimfire challenge are all in the works.

Dec Co cc... People wreck it. I shoot there from time to time, but it's nasty. The shooting benches are dilapidated, people blast all kinds of trash and leave it, the first 20 yards are a mud hole from people just shooting into the ground. It does let you stretch out to 179 yards, you just have to wade through a swamp to set your targets up.

Thank you very much for the information! I appreciate your honesty. Where is your range located?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thank you very much for the information! I appreciate your honesty. Where is your range located?

West of Clarksburg on 640N.across from camp woodsmoke.

Id like to run for a seat on the Dec CO cc board. That property has a ton of potential. Membership there is focused on the trailer park tho. Please feel free to get ahold of me on Facebook or let Mike know I said it's cool to give you my number if you need any more info. I'm working really hard to get some matches going.

https://www.facebook.com/Clarksburg-Conservation-Club-332454714083911/

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    West of Clarksburg on 640N.across from camp woodsmoke.

Id like to run for a seat on the Dec CO cc board. That property has a ton of potential. Membership there is focused on the trailer park tho. Please feel free to get ahold of me on Facebook or let Mike know I said it's cool to give you my number if you need any more info. I'm working really hard to get some matches going.

https://www.facebook.com/Clarksburg-Conservation-Club-332454714083911/

Sounds good. We don't know yet when we will be able to get down there - we live in the south suburbs of Chicago, and are very close to relocating to Indiana. We've been researching for a long time, and one of our priorities is being close to a gun range. Thank you so much again. good luck getting your matches going!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Sounds good. We don't know yet when we will be able to get down there - we live in the south suburbs of Chicago, and are very close to relocating to Indiana. We've been researching for a long time, and one of our priorities is being close to a gun range. Thank you so much again. good luck getting your matches going!

What would bring you to Greensburg? Just curious. Lake Santee is awesome if you want a rural community

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Damn. Got jobs lined up down there?

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    What would bring you to Greensburg? Just curious. Lake Santee is awesome if you want a rural community

Low crime rate, low cost of living, voted mostly Republican :yesway:), Good air quality, (my wife has some breathing problems from her bout with bilateral pulmonary emboli, [Blood clots in both lungs], a few years ago), has an Aldi, Walmart, and Walgreens, (missing a Menards, but we could take a trip to Columbus for that), has 61 Ham Radio licensees, (will be 62 if we do move there ;)), hopefully, the VA will get their new, local access health policy going by then so we can both go to the health center there, [I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman], ), they have an Adult Center, (we're both retired seniors), an American Legion Post, a Farmer's Market, and a tree in the courthouse roof. I'll probably think of other reasons after I post this, but the sentence is too long already! :)
    We will check out Lake Santee though, can never tell where we might end up.

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    Damn. Got jobs lined up down there?

Thanks for the reply! No, we're both on Social Security, and were doing ok here until everything went up in price. And now the jerks in the General Assembly just passed a MAJOR tax increase bill on gas, income tax, etc. We can no longer pay our property tax, so not sure what we're going to do about that. Almost passed an Anti-gun bill but that got stalled in Senate committee = for now. Have been wanting to leave for a while, maybe this is the push we needed. I might be able to get a part-time job at the medical center doing something if needed. Who knows? :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Just looked up Lake Santee. Think that would be a bit rich for us. Maybe just a bit, "Too", rural. :) But thanks for the suggestion!

No problem. I live in Greensburg now. It's a great place to live. There is a VA clinic at camp Atterbury, not sure how good it is but its not too bad of a drive especially if you plan it with a columbus trip.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for the reply! No, we're both on Social Security, and were doing ok here until everything went up in price. And now the jerks in the General Assembly just passed a MAJOR tax increase bill on gas, income tax, etc. We can no longer pay our property tax, so not sure what we're going to do about that. Almost passed an Anti-gun bill but that got stalled in Senate committee = for now. Have been wanting to leave for a while, maybe this is the push we needed. I might be able to get a part-time job at the medical center doing something if needed. Who knows? :)

If you do move, let me be the first to welcome you back to the actual free US of A. :patriot:

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    No problem. I live in Greensburg now. It's a great place to live. There is a VA clinic at camp Atterbury, not sure how good it is but its not too bad of a drive especially if you plan it with a columbus trip.

Hi again. I appreciate the info on the VA clinic at Camp Atterbury. There is also one in Shelbyville which may be just slightly closer. Good to hear you like living in Greensburg. We talked to the Director of the Senior Center last year, I think, (think both that he was the director, and that it was last year). Nice person! Don't remember his name, but we have it around somewhere.:) Would you mind if we , "Picked your brain", a bit about Greensburg via Message or e-mail? Seems like I'm taking up space that could be used for actual, "Gun Stuff". :dunno:

Top Bottom