Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Outdoor Rifle Range on the N.E. Side ?

I'm in Fishers and am looking for recommendations on an outdoor range with at least 50 yd. lanes.
    I would consider joining a club but I mostly shoot handgun, so indoors works for that. Been getting more into rifle lately and would like somewhere to go, anyone have experience with Wilber Wright ?

Thanks in advance !

Plinker

User Info Menu

Wilbur Wright is okay if you're the only one there. Upside being that it's free. I haven't been there in years but it was a group effort to call a cold range because there wasn't always a DNR officer present. Twice I had to give up waiting to get my targets and leave because someone didn't want stop long enough.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks, sounds like the kind of place to go during the week.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The best luck I had was getting there when they opened the gate Monday through Thursday.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks.
    Any other suggestions on outdoor ranges up in this part of town?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Hamilton County Fish and Game

They are members only but they have 200 yard rifle ranges and one or two 25 yard pistol ranges. I am not sure what the membership process is like but I have a friend that is a member there and could inquire if you want.

Plinker

User Info Menu

FYI Wilbur Wright is closed every Monday and Tuesday. They now have an "R.O." on site but your still in charge of calling a cold/hot range, no "rapid fire" one shot every couple seconds. It's best to go Wed or Thurs early. Some of the folks shooting out there aren't the safest stay alert I've been flagged a couple times and a few years back after posting my target I turn around to some idiot inserting a mag and chambering a round I didnt go back for awhile after that.