• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    I'm in Fishers and am looking for recommendations on an outdoor range with at least 50 yd. lanes.
    I would consider joining a club but I mostly shoot handgun, so indoors works for that. Been getting more into rifle lately and would like somewhere to go, anyone have experience with Wilber Wright ?

Thanks in advance !

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    Wilbur Wright is okay if you're the only one there. Upside being that it's free. I haven't been there in years but it was a group effort to call a cold range because there wasn't always a DNR officer present. Twice I had to give up waiting to get my targets and leave because someone didn't want stop long enough.

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Hamilton County Fish and Game

They are members only but they have 200 yard rifle ranges and one or two 25 yard pistol ranges. I am not sure what the membership process is like but I have a friend that is a member there and could inquire if you want.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    FYI Wilbur Wright is closed every Monday and Tuesday. They now have an "R.O." on site but your still in charge of calling a cold/hot range, no "rapid fire" one shot every couple seconds. It's best to go Wed or Thurs early. Some of the folks shooting out there aren't the safest stay alert I've been flagged a couple times and a few years back after posting my target I turn around to some idiot inserting a mag and chambering a round I didnt go back for awhile after that.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I shoot 2Xs a month at Wilbur Wright and current Staff are very good.
    Looking for a new place today since
    ALL Indiana FWA ranges are CLOSED until further notice as of 3-17-20
    any suggestions?

Top Bottom