• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Young's is further north, I think they're still around. Also, Hillside in Roanoke but I think you have to join and also qualify. I've also heard Bass & Bucks *Sometimes* will stretch out to 1000 but you have to call ahead? That's just things I've heard, so don't quote me on that one. It's up in Wabash not too far from you.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    Thank you so far for the responses. I know about bass n bucks but have not had any luck getting range time up there in the past. Really hoping to hone my long range skills this year so it would be nice to have a couple different places to go between. Thanks, I will check the other 2 places out

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Young's is further north, I think they're still around. Also, Hillside in Roanoke but I think you have to join and also qualify. I've also heard Bass & Bucks *Sometimes* will stretch out to 1000 but you have to call ahead? That's just things I've heard, so don't quote me on that one. It's up in Wabash not too far from you.

We have been shooting there for years now, never ever have we heard of shooting past 850, and that was before they added a roof that covers the berm to shoot from for th 350 to 750 target holders.
    To shoot 850 on occasion you could shoot at the fence line at the edge of the property and the county road, to shoot farther one would have to shoot across the county rd.
    The problem with shooting past 750 is not only the road but the drive to that end of the ranges will bring other shooters out in front of where you would be shooting.
    If you are not a member its 5 bucks a day to shoot, you can shoot steel there but you need to bring it with you, the beams that were there a few folds ruined it for all....
    A few shooters were shooting the big I beams at angles from across the range and bouncing bullets to other propertys.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Thank you so far for the responses. I know about bass n bucks but have not had any luck getting range time up there in the past. Really hoping to hone my long range skills this year so it would be nice to have a couple different places to go between. Thanks, I will check the other 2 places out

If you want out to 1650 yds we go to Hard Castle in Park City, Kentucky a few times during warm weather, bring a 4 wheeler if you have one. Like Walbash, good folks..

Why have you had a problem with range time at Walbash????

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    We have been shooting there for years now, never ever have we heard of shooting past 850, and that was before they added a roof that covers the berm to shoot from for th 350 to 750 target holders.
    To shoot 850 on occasion you could shoot at the fence line at the edge of the property and the county road, to shoot farther one would have to shoot across the county rd.
    The problem with shooting past 750 is not only the road but the drive to that end of the ranges will bring other shooters out in front of where you would be shooting.
    If you are not a member its 5 bucks a day to shoot, you can shoot steel there but you need to bring it with you, the beams that were there a few folds ruined it for all....
    A few shooters were shooting the big I beams at angles from across the range and bouncing bullets to other propertys.

Yeah, I've never been but that's why I said not to quote me on it :thumbsup:

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Any good 1000 yard ranges in central / northern Indiana?

CIHPRS shoots twice a month at Camp Atterbury from March to October. Usually 1 midrange (300, 500, 600 yards) match per month, and 3 long range matches per month (800, 900, and 1000 yards).

CIHPRS - CIHPRS Home

I'm going to be doing a post this week with more details of what we shoot. Stay tuned.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    CIHPRS shoots twice a month at Camp Atterbury from March to October. Usually 1 midrange (300, 500, 600 yards) match per month, and 3 long range matches per month (800, 900, and 1000 yards).

CIHPRS - CIHPRS Home

I'm going to be doing a post this week with more details of what we shoot. Stay tuned.

This is exactly what I've been looking for since I moved here in late November. Thank you for posting this.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    All I need is a bulldozer, some fuel for it, and a week or two of time, and I could have a 1k yard range on my property.
    Anyone want to loan me a bulldozer?

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    What few times I have had in the last couple years to make it up there they have been full when I’ve called. It was more or less on my end with a changing work schedule so planning in advance wasn’t much of an option. But, my work schedule has recently changed so it might not be as much of an issue any more. Just more or less curious what other options are out there.

hunnybadger

Peace Through Precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    Connersville
    We have a 1400 meter range in East Central Indiana located in Connersville. I know that it's the opposite direction that you're looking for, but wanted to mention it. We have steel all the way out to 1400, and are developing a shorter range onsite for closer work. www.ioirange.com

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    All I need is a bulldozer, some fuel for it, and a week or two of time, and I could have a 1k yard range on my property.
    I'll pay for the diesel lol

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    @Mgderf I'm sure you posted it somewhere already, but how many acres is your new property?

Top Bottom