Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Outdoor range on the NW side?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Outdoor range on the NW side of Indy?

Hi,

Newbie question so I appreciate your patience...

I am looking for an outdoor range that I can shoot pistol (inc. holster draw) and do some <100 yard AR work. Seems like there are lots of options but the closer to the NW side of Indy the better. I was hoping I could get some advice from the group as to which ones to try.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tom
    Last edited by TGM123; 1 Week Ago at 21:26.

User Info Menu

Have you considered Maroon County Fish & Game? Join up at the next board meeting and you’ll get 15 months for the price of 12. You’ll need to check the website to see if you qualify for any training you have or you might need to show up early the day of the meeting if you can sign up for the approved training course offered the day of the meeting.No centerfire rifle caliber allowed there but a simple .22LR conversion for your AR and you’re good to go for 100 yards or less. Plus you’ll save lots of money on ammo and still be able to work on your gun handling skills for most close combat situations.You can also draw from an approved holster when using one of their pistol bays. Here’s their website (read and understand the rules, they take them very seriously there:https://indyrange.net/
    Last edited by cbhausen; 1 Week Ago at 02:55.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TGM123 View Post
    Hi,

Newbie question so I appreciate your patience...

I am looking for an outdoor range that I can shoot pistol (inc. holster draw) and do some <100 yard AR work. Seems like there are lots of options but the closer to the NW side of Indy the better. I was hoping I could get some advice from the group as to which ones to try.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tom
    Crawfordsville Gun Club may be your best bet. Easy drive and a 100 yard range of here you can rock out the AR15.
    Very reasonable membership fee too.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nad63 View Post
    Crawfordsville Gun Club may be your best bet. Easy drive and a 100 yard range of here you can rock out the AR15.
    Very reasonable membership fee too.
    Questioning the "rock out the ar15 quote" Range rules are 2 seconds between shots on the 100 yard rifle range, Is a good outdoor range there is a complete new set of range rules and everyone is expected to abide by them, range officer and board members are there more often to keep infractions to a minimum.