• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've had this project gun going on for a long while now and it's time to wrap it up. I've got a new blued marlin xt22tr bolt action tube fed 22lr that I bought and stuck a replacementioned walnut stock. I've already got the trigger guard dialed in, but the panhead takedown screw was just barely long enough to get any bite. I've found factory replacement screws but they're too short and they don't tell me the thread specs on the screw. All I need is the thread specs and I can pick up a replacement and then cut/fit it to the right length.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Stop in your local machine shop and ask one of the machinist to use his thread pitch gauge and and he will tell you the size and thread pitch screw you have.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Was the stock 100% or only 90% inletted? Sometimes when you order a new stock they need to be fitted. If it is a 100% stock, bring it by my shop and maybe we can figure it out.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That would have worked, except now between all of my rearranging of the man cave and little kids getting around in there I'm not sure where that screw ended up. I had tried using that screw before and knew it was too short so loosing it just forces me to do the job right with a proper fitting screw anyway.

Here's some pictures of the project.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    According to Marlin, the screw size is 8-32 with an OAL of 0.780"

Thank you very much!!!!!!!! Where did you find that spec at? I'm just asking because it was driving me crazy trying to find it and I didn't.

The stock wasn't a 100% drop in fit. I had to do very little touch up with a dremel and sanding wheel on the inside of the stock and the barreled action dropped right in.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Something isn't quite right on that spec. The 8/32 screw was way too small. I think that may have been the spec for the screw going through the trigger guard into the action, not the forend.

NateWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Mirror Lake
    Hoping to bring back some chatter on this gorgeous gun. How did it come out? I juts found that same walnut stock off line shortly after reading your thread. It's exactly what I was trying to do. I just got a wood stock bolt tube fed XT-22 and its just...lacking.

Top Bottom