• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    Warrior arms did a really bad job threading my Remington 700.
    Loose fit threads on a gun I was going to put a suppressor on.
    Very disappointed should have known better for 55$.
    image.jpg

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Wow that sucks, he's always done right by me but I've not had much work done by him. I always go to cross saber gunsmithing, I know he does some pretty decent work for the price.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    WOW! It kind of looks like he cut it too small to start with. I don't think threads are supposed to have flat tops on them :(. Did they at least offer to make it right?

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    It's already 18" .308 kinda short to begin with. But that's true
    i can have it cut off and done correctly some where else.
    I really wanted this to have a suppressor direct thread but this really throws a wrench in the works

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I've never had a barrel threaded over there at W.A., but John sure does know his AR stuff. I've been nothing short of happy with the work I've had done there.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I would have said something. If not for myself, but so it doesn't happen to the next customer. Surely this was not mistaken for a quality piece of work.

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    Ok I just got off the phone with them. They are going to look at it but I can't believe no one looked at those threads before they shipped it. Not sure what they are going to fix. I can't go any shorter. I'm just really bummed this didn't work.

QUOTE=Ballstater98;6414195]I would have said something. If not for myself, but so it doesn't happen to the next customer. Surely this was not mistaken for a quality piece of work.[/QUOTE]

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Ok I just got off the phone with them. They are going to look at it but I can't believe no one looked at those threads before they shipped it. Not sure what they are going to fix. I can't go any shorter. I'm just really bummed this didn't work.

QUOTE=Ballstater98;6414195]I would have said something. If not for myself, but so it doesn't happen to the next customer. Surely this was not mistaken for a quality piece of work.
    Well, as frustrating as this is for everyone involved, hopefully it all gets worked out. Keep us posted.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    as a master machinist, I look at that treading job and just say "WTF" I know amateur machinist how are more capable of doing the job right !!! good luck, and some one buy them a copy of "how to run a lathe"

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    Good book I am a shade tree machinist. I have a south bend heavy 10 from the 70s id guess. that's why I wanted some one
    with the right tools and experience to do the job. Now I wish I had just waited and done it my self.
    I am bringing it back for them to inspect Saturday but there's nothing to fix its TFd.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    If this were a rare barrel that couldn't be easily replaced, would it be possible to build up material with a mig welder and remachine it?

G3hkray

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    valparaiso
    So here is the update. I dropped it off today, it was as soon as I could get it back to them
    he agreed the threads look like fidos butt. So my main concern is that it is already short they are only
    willing to cut it shorter and rethred. I asked about replacing the barrel he said no way. Kinda bogus Really messed up my
    plans for this gun. So I will update again when I get it back to report on the thread fit.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    If this were a rare barrel that couldn't be easily replaced, would it be possible to build up material with a mig welder and remachine it?
    Yes it can be fixed but i wouldn't build it up with weld.... I dabble a little bit with machining... id cut the threads off and turn a tight fitting sleeve solder it on and then turn it back down and cut the new threads

Top Bottom