• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've lost track of how many this makes now. One was in my garage. This will be the 3rd at USDS in greenwood and they've been great hosts in the past and thanks to them for again being willing to host us
    for some great fun with fellow INGO'ers!!!

WHERE:
    US Defense Solutions
    5329 Mount Pleasant N Street
    Greenwood, IN 46142

COST: $10 which covers renting the space. Restrooms, AC, electric for our tools Ect.
    Payment needs to be prepaid. $10 per person.
    Call (317)300-8192 m-f 11a-7p, sa 10a-7p, su 11a-5p

TIME:
    11am - no later than 4:30p

DATE:
    June 26th, 2016

Please call and reserve and pay for your spot.

If if you are bringing tools and or presses please post in this thread so we can keep track. Thanks everyone!!

Zero_ek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Alexandria
    What I have: 12 Ton A frame press, 1.5mm flat bender, trigger guard rivet tool, corded drill, dremel, files, drill bits, Soft face hammer, 7.62 headspace gauges no go + go. I also have a drill press and bench grinder with a wire wheel but not sure if I'll have the room to bring them.

Plan to have more stuff before next month. (Spot welder, rivet tool, etc).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Count me in, I stopped by the last show, was my first time and met many a member. I have a Chinese AK Sporter that I wanted to have the neutered gas block removed and one with a cleaning rod loop installed that I have since bought. Count me in somebody could/should maybe be able to help me remove the FSB easy enough, and remove or cut off the neutered block, but to drill the holes, re-pin and reinstall the FSB, will require some help. Of course I will pay someone a reasonable fee also to do the work.
    I would like to bring a friend and local AK Guru, (INDYKID) if he will be available.

PS............. Hey Clay will you be there?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    i'll be there with my press and 1mm flat bender and spot welder.

Is this literally a build it from scratch (sheet metal) type thing? Because that would be amazing to watch.

I could bend sheet metal and cut out all the holes but for $30, I'd rather buy the predrilled flat and just bend and weld. It saves a lot of time.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Woot! thanks for getting this together.

I can bring the 20 ton press again (and try not to hurt my back in the process ;) )

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    What would be some basic toolsto being? I saw someone mentioning bringing a bench grinder and I can bring mine for an extra but all I have for it is a grinding wheel.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Also will there be anyway to sand blast and refinish rifles once theyre completed? Obviously for an additional cost.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    What would be some basic toolsto being? I saw someone mentioning bringing a bench grinder and I can bring mine for an extra but all I have for it is a grinding wheel.

Here are some things I can think of that people might have already:

Punches - the cheap blue ones from Walmart and the gun specialty kind.
    Metric wrenches - I think it's 19mm but one of them wraps neatly around an AK barrel and makes pushing off barrel parts easy.
    Drill bits (black oxide are my 1st choice) - Bring your own because the 5/32" and 11/64" will get used a lot for old rivet removal and new hole creating. Same with 3mm and 4mm for the barrel pins.
    Pennies - protects the barrel from the hydraulic press
    Dead blow hammer and 3lb mini sledge for the crap that just doesn't want to come out
    Table top vise and wood shims to protect the rifle from the vise teeth
    Good portable drill
    Good set of screwdriver bits

I'm sure this a lot more but I know I use everything on this list.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Anyone have build experience with the vz58 ? I have a kit with receiver that I am interested in doing. Have assembled an AK74 kit (didn't think it was too bad). Only problem I foresee is sight alignment when pressing barrel in.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Anyone have build experience with the vz58 ? I have a kit with receiver that I am interested in doing. Have assembled an AK74 kit (didn't think it was too bad). Only problem I foresee is sight alignment when pressing barrel in.

I haven't done one but i also have a kit with a receiver. I have a VZ58 that i bought that may help us get through it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Count me in, I stopped by the last show, was my first time and met many a member. I have a Chinese AK Sporter that I wanted to have the neutered gas block removed and one with a cleaning rod loop installed that I have since bought. Count me in somebody could/should maybe be able to help me remove the FSB easy enough, and remove or cut off the neutered block, but to drill the holes, re-pin and reinstall the FSB, will require some help. Of course I will pay someone a reasonable fee also to do the work.
    I would like to bring a friend and local AK Guru, (INDYKID) if he will be available.

PS............. Hey Clay will you be there?

I'm going to try and be there. I've got something else scheduled for that weekend but I'm not sure if I'll be attending or not.

On that note if I come I will bring most of my tools but I would REALLY like to leave my press at home if I can. Thats a huge pain so if we can get enough presses there with out mine that would be great ;)

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    sorry for the post but im really excited about this. Would it be possible to cut a barrel down at this? Really considering doing a 102 clone if its possible.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well, I will still need someone to remove my Chinese FSB, and then remove and replace my Gas Block if my buddy Clay cannot make it, anybody else who may be able to do it if Clay cannot be there please LMK.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Well, I will still need someone to remove my Chinese FSB, and then remove and replace my Gas Block if my buddy Clay cannot make it, anybody else who may be able to do it if Clay cannot be there please LMK.

This is not a difficult process. I can help you if clay is unavailable.

Top Bottom