• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I am pretty paranoid about sending guns out to be meddled with by others. That being said, I was wondering if there was a gunsmith in Indiana that works on lever action rifles, specifically my 1894.

What I want done is pretty basic, shorten the barrel to around 17" (or the shortest I can go with it still holding 8 rounds) and shorten the length of pull an inch (and add a straight stock pad instead of the curved style it has now). That's simple on most rifles, but it requires shortening the mag tube and moving the barrel mount and, obviously, the front sight.

I'd possibly want it Cerakoted also, but might just wait on that part until later.

I was just wondering if there is any specific smith that is familiar with shortening the barrel mag tub before I contact Ranger Point Precision (or one other place I haven't contacted either) and possibly mail it out of state to have the work done.

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    Check out Cross Saber Gunsmith in Kouts. I took my winchester .22 in for a minor thing and was impressed with how he treated me like I was his best customer. His reviews around the web are good and Tim on Military Arms Channel just recently gave a shout out to him on his Getting Into The Firearms industry video.

I can't personally attest to his work in cutting down a barrel and mag tube. However, I wouldn't hesitate in talking with to him and see what he thinks about the project.

CROSS SABER CUSTOM GUNSMITHING

https://www.facebook.com/cross.saber.5/

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    might wana try Mark Penrod

Penrod Precision

Address: 312 E College Ave, North Manchester, IN 46962

Phone: (260) 982-8385

I know he does some amazing things with Anscutz and other precision small bore guns.......

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Allen at Diamond Collision, in Avon, shortened and threaded the barrel on my 1892 Winchester copy. I did the mag tube work, but he can easily take care of that as well. He also does Ceracote work.

Another recommendation is is Brett at Havlins Firearms. He has done some excellent work for me as well. He's located North of Brownsburg.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Allen at Diamond Collision, in Avon, shortened and threaded the barrel on my 1892 Winchester copy. I did the mag tube work, but he can easily take care of that as well. He also does Ceracote work.

Another recommendation is is Brett at Havlins Firearms. He has done some excellent work for me as well. He's located North of Brownsburg.

Thanks.

I haven't gotten a reply from Cross Saber yet, but that may be my fault.

Top Bottom