• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetGel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Columbus
    I just picked up my first handgun, used. Beretta Px4 Storm, 9mm. I was looking to get it cerakoted. Will it fill small scratches, and what is a decent price for the job? If anyone had any examples of some of the colors, would be appreciated.
    16117765_10210369025134519_532169411_n.jpg

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    The abrasive blasting prep work will deal with the finer scratches. As far as colors go, check out Cerakote's website. They have a surprising amount of colors to choose from. I have all of my custom work that is to be Cerakoted done by Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, IN. They do exceptionally good work.

Andy Cree

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cree is correct on the color choices.
    I have AllenM do all of my re-color work.
    He is on the board. Everything he has done for me and the band of merry miscreants I hang with has been stellar.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Someone always asks about polymer so I just threw it in as superfluous information

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I could not be more pleased with the job AllenM did for me. I am so happy he is doing a second gun shortly. He is a first class guy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Allen did a 1911 for me and the finished product was perfect. There will be more of my guns heading to his shop for a recolor in the future.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    what is a price range for one to be done,
    wife wants some color on her shield.
    need something done with dads .410 it does not get shot much but it has light rust on barrel, 20+ yrs ago it was rusted so bad it would not open, he had it worked on but bluing is worn off.
    father in laws .22 long gun is not as bad but needs something done with it.

Keg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    Contact Rapidfire Arms and Repair. They are fairly local to you and provide cerakoting.

redrider1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    munster
    Several questions. Is this process similar to powder coating? If so. How are tolerances maintained? Many a year ago, I screwed up a fine .S&W .38 Cal. revolver by having it nickle plated. This sponds like asolution for a worn surface that may be more durable than blueing.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Several questions. Is this process similar to powder coating? If so. How are tolerances maintained? Many a year ago, I screwed up a fine .S&W .38 Cal. revolver by having it nickle plated. This sponds like asolution for a worn surface that may be more durable than blueing.

The Cerakote is nothing like powder coating. I goes on very thin and is very durable. In addition to there standard line of bake on finishes they just added an "Elite series" which has a higher wear resistance then the standard H series oven bake finish and it goes on even thinner.
    Max build should run in the neighborhood of .001" so maintaining tolerances is not to hard.

Go to Cerakotes website and view the videos about wear and corrosion resistance, pretty impressive.

62chevyimpala

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    The abrasive blasting prep work will deal with the finer scratches. As far as colors go, check out Cerakote's website. They have a surprising amount of colors to choose from. I have all of my custom work that is to be Cerakoted done by Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, IN. They do exceptionally good work.

Andy Cree

Couldn't agree more. Applied is fantastic. They will be doing my XDm in Desert Gold soon!

Top Bottom