• BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Anyone have any experience with Fusion Firearms action parts ?
    My main interest is in the sear, disconnect and sear spring
    Sear and disconnect are machined from bar stock .
    How does the sear ,disconnect compare to EGW or Wilson bullet proof and the sear spring to Colt's

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have used a lot of both Wilson, EGW and Fusion. I have had issues with Fusion parts. Neither Wilson or Fusion are of the same quality as EGW. If you buy EGW's ignition kit it comes with a new sear spring, which I believe is Colt, not certain though.
    I have had a Fusion Hammer and sear break on two different instances. On the other hand I think Fusion's Frame, slide and barrels and top notch.
    I don't use their ignition parts anymore

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My 1911 builds have had EGW ignition sets. Allen has done the assembly and highly recommended their parts. I have had no issues and the trigger pull is smooth and crisp. I like them so much that I have another set on order for my 2011 project that's in the works.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I have used a lot of both Wilson, EGW and Fusion. I have had issues with Fusion parts. Neither Wilson or Fusion are of the same quality as EGW. If you buy EGW's ignition kit it comes with a new sear spring, which I believe is Colt, not certain though.
    I have had a Fusion Hammer and sear break on two different instances. On the other hand I think Fusion's Frame, slide and barrels and top notch.
    I don't use their ignition parts anymore

Thanks Allen
    That's the knowledge backed information I was looking for .
    My oldest son turns 18 this year .I want to get him a 1911 for his birthday.
    I thought about one of the fusion 1911 kits that he and I could finish together .
    Its a toss up between the fusion kit or my 1973 Colt commander.
    The Colt needs rebuilt . Plus If I give it to my son . I'll need another one or two or three , well we all know just more .
    Looks like it will have EGW ignition parts in it regardless

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks Allen
    That's the knowledge backed information I was looking for .
    My oldest son turns 18 this year .I want to get him a 1911 for his birthday.
    I thought about one of the fusion 1911 kits that he and I could finish together .
    Its a toss up between the fusion kit or my 1973 Colt commander.
    The Colt needs rebuilt . Plus If I give it to my son . I'll need another one or two or three , well we all know just more .
    Looks like it will have EGW ignition parts in it regardless

the Fusion kits are great. I did several of those back when they were more affordable, But it is a good way to do a build and still be assured of great accuracy even for a novice, Just order a frame slide and barrel prefit and install EGW parts

Deereman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Greencastle
    I've had great luck with egw sears. Also another new up and commer is extreme engineering. Shooters connection carries them. I just got done putting them in both my sti's. It's been a few years, but fusion never was on my radar

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Im going with EGW . I did some more research . They do use Colt sear springs .
    I wondered about Fusion because Ive had my hands on some of the slides,frames and the pre-fit slide,frame and barrel kits .
    Kinda figured/hoped that quality would run throughout the parts realm .
    I knew I could get some good hands on feedback here though .

Top Bottom