• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I pre-ordered one of the Polymer 80% Compact Glock Frames this week. Going to do my first Glock build. So now I am looking for a stripped Glock 19 size slide. Prefer it stripped as I have a lot of the internals for a Glock 19 slide already. Looked at Zev, Suarez and a few others already. Just wondering if anyone has any experience + or - on any after market slide companies?

I would love to have the slide have cut outs since I have a nice barrel to put in it. But I could also buy a blank and take it to ZRTS for custom milling.

Thoughts?

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I am doing the exact same thing! Pre-ordered the compact 80% frame. I've read up on so much stuff regarding frames and trying to find the best deals. If you're wanting to send it off for milling, check out IDP Tactical. They have some bare slides that are "gunsmith ready." Everyone seems to really like Zev, although the price on them is ridiculous. But you are getting some crazy designs with their slides too. Suarez seems to make some really good products. But if you go with a Suarez, they seem to run best with OEM parts. I don't have personal experience on these companies. Although I do have a Agency Arms G19 that I absolutely love. That's about as aftermarket as I get.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've had the Suarez, and fit and function were very good. A lot of money compared to buying OEM. I'd recommend staying away from big holes in slides, but that's just me.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I pre-ordered one of the Polymer 80% Compact Glock Frames this week. Going to do my first Glock build. So now I am looking for a stripped Glock 19 size slide. Prefer it stripped as I have a lot of the internals for a Glock 19 slide already. Looked at Zev, Suarez and a few others already. Just wondering if anyone has any experience + or - on any after market slide companies?

I would love to have the slide have cut outs since I have a nice barrel to put in it. But I could also buy a blank and take it to ZRTS for custom milling.

Thoughts?
    I've kept looking around for other aftermarket slides. Found a few sub $300 slides that could be a possibility for me and my build. VooDoo Innovations (Adams Arms), and KE Arms. Many reputable dealers have been promoting VooDoo slides.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I ended up going with a Zev Dragonfly slide. When I priced out a blank slide and then added to cost of milling for slide cuts, serrations and an RMR and then cerekoting it, it worked out to be more than I could buy the Zev for ready to roll. Plus, I was able to use a free shipping promotion and a gift certificate on OpticsPlanet to score the Zev for around $450.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I hope you all the best with your builds.......I used one of there 80% AR lowers.......the bloody thing broke apart on me.....and all I was using was .22LR upper on it......good luck......

Aaron

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom