• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    This is not something you need to do often, but just in case you want to swap a leaf (maybe for one with Arabic or Cyrillic writing). I remove the rear sight on an AK-74 so I can work on the rear sight block in a later video.

[video=youtube;F8j7hir7XEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8j7hir7XEg[/video]

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Something to add is this is the only 100% fool proof methiod to remove a comboc leaf style rear sight! As much as i love my red star arms campy sight tool from akbuilder they only work on standard variants..... Found out the hard way it would not work on the tantal, beryl or any variant that doesnt have a gas tube retaining lever. Don't get me wrong it is a great tool doesn't mark or damage the sight and allows for one hand removal but it has it's short falls.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I didn't even know a tool like that existed so I just looked it up. I loved the marketing line:

"Tired of trying to find two men and a boy to help remove your AK rear sight. So were we."

Not really. I just did it by myself with a vise, hammer, and stick.

Something to add is this is the only 100% fool proof methiod to remove a comboc leaf style rear sight! As much as i love my red star arms campy sight tool from akbuilder they only work on standard variants..... Found out the hard way it would not work on the tantal, beryl or any variant that doesnt have a gas tube retaining lever. Don't get me wrong it is a great tool doesn't mark or damage the sight and allows for one hand removal but it has it's short falls.

Top Bottom