• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I have a PSA Upper AR that I put together. Everything is fine and no issues with rifle at all except for one small problem. I am having a problem finding a front sight tool which will fit the sights. Everyone so far is too big to fit the sight.

I've also noticed while searching that almost every sight tool seems to be temporarily out of stock. Did I miss a big run on sight tools???

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Well it appears that for whatever reason, the prongs on the tool i had were just a tad wide for the slots on the sight. I hit each with a file a bit and now it works. Just asking the question got me thinking and checking closer. Thanks for the input guys.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Isn't the design of the sight to be adjusted with a bullet tip?
    yeah ... using a bullet tip for front sight adjustments is a bad joke propagated by people who just like to ruin good ammunition. A 2" long finishing nail, on the other hand, works wonderfully to adjust the front sight.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    When I was in the Army, we had A1 and A2s, and the bullet was something we used on the range, because we did not have a true tool. Later, when I was running ranges, we would always have an old firing pin, and that would work just fine. Did not have enough sense to use a simple nail!! But the nail became a fixed item in the range kits later on.

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    At some of the military ranges I have shot on, there is a nail in a drilled hole so it can be removed easily in the boards that perimeter the shooters area.
    However, I have never had an issue with using a round to do it either.

Top Bottom