• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So when I got this lower engraved, I forgot to reverse the art (Which I copied over from my SBR burnt bronze build).
    Not wanting to colorfill it and have the art negative, I decided I'd give this a shot and paint the raised areas instead. Not so sure just yet, but if I don't like it I can always strip the paint entirely and just leave it black...

howard%20colorfill%20002_zps1xy2qpd5.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That my friend, is now a safe queen. Congrats on not being able to take it out to play in the dirt. LOL

ME LIKEY!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    That my friend, is now a safe queen. Congrats on not being able to take it out to play in the dirt. LOL

ME LIKEY!!!
    It's actually going on my field rifle which is all OD furniture. Originally I was going to colorfill it all OD, but then realized my engraving mistake too late. We'll see if the colorfulness grows on me, It will get abused I assure you, like most of my rifles.

You have far more patience then I have. That looks great
    Thanks for the help removing the old scratching. In hindsight, I should have cerakoted it AFTER the new engraving. The aluminum edges show in many areas. But it is what it is, and certainly far better than the first attempt!

OK Robby, I will be signing up for your class.
    This one is a trial in patience. My eyes and hands are not as steady as they used to be. I'd start with normal colorfill which is far easier :D

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    THAT is the definition of AWESOME!!!! Photo the finished build, and save that for prosperity--- THEN take it out and use it for what it was made for!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    THAT is the definition of AWESOME!!!! Photo the finished build, and save that for prosperity--- THEN take it out and use it for what it was made for!!!

I've run this rifle for a few years now. Have scored KD rifleman with it a few times now. DSA purchase, that's gone through a few changes over time. I finished building this lower yesterday, and so swapped it over to the field rifle. Yes I know the hook is at the wrong end. J hook doesn't fit in the ACS stock slot, so I swapped ends and run it on the sling swivel up front for quick disconnect. Works for me.
    field%20002_zpsj4vy0nxw.jpg

field%20001_zpsr7mvuaea.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That looks awesome! I think that once you run it and the colors get dinged up a bit, it'll look even better. Like the nose art on old bombers that get streaked with oil and grit. Gotta post pics when that happens, too. :)

Top Bottom