Warning!! Put your beer down before you read this......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salderink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey folks!

So the reason for the title is I figure most of you will be laughing so hard at me that it would be best to warn you... LOL:):

I have an older Polish P-83 Makarov.... Stamped steel, straight shooter, nice plinking weapon.
    In my infinite wisdom I decided it would be a great idea to strip it completely down to clean and lube.
    As my mother always told me, you're real good at taking it apart...... You can probably see where this is going :rolleyes:

It is now a Luznik P-83 "Box Gun" as I am unable to get the sear spring back in properly.. Popped out while disassembling.

My question is, anyone know of a smith that could possibly put this thing back together for a fee?
    Even if I had a good parts drawing my hands shake too much and my eyes aren't near good enough to put this little thing back in.

I am in central Indiana but I am willing to drive.

Thanks!!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A) dumb question: Have you tried YouTubing it? If you can watch it being done, any chance that knowledge could help overcome aging eyes and shaky hands?

B) Havlin's Firearms just north of Brownsburg in Fayette. He's a good dude. Look him up/contact him via his web page: Havlin's Firearms Finishing

C) At least you still HAVE the part. I lost a sear return spring on an M&P once upon a time. 1 day before I was due to trade the gun. Thankfully my duplicate gun had the same sized spring (later-made guns had a larger one) that I was able to cannibalize.

D) If you look up Havlin's - be SURE to follow the appointment-setting instructions on the website.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Point of order - it's not a "P-83 Makarov"; a Glock 17 is not a "17 Lugar".

I've got one, but I've never broken it down that far.

Top Bottom