Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    2017 INGO AK Build Party
    Saturday May 13, 2017
    10:00am - 4:00pm

Diamond Collision Inc.
    292 S. County Road 800 E.
    Avon, Indiana 46123

A huge thanks to AllenM for hosting the event. There is no fee to attend and build.

Signup at thewabbitseason.com . Please sign up so we know how many people are planning to attend. Even if you are just observing or learning, you are very welcome to join us. Please sign up too. If you have an AK rifle that needs work, bring it to the party. I have already been asked by a group of AR shooters outside of INGO to attend. And yes, even if you don't sign up, you can still attend. If requested, I will bring my brine bucket for the first part of spot heating, but you must bring your own MAPP (not propane) gas.

And if you need something beyond the AK build party, don't forget AllenM provides gunsmithing services.

Get your kits now! Get them demilled before the party.

Some sites that sell AK kits, flats, and rivets:
    ak-builder.com
    whatacountry.com
    apexgunparts.com
    armsofamerica.com
    requiemarms.com

Steel Punches

Drill Bits: 1/8", 5/32", 11/64", 3mm, 4mm - I prefer black oxide.

Videos:
    AK Building Playlist
    AK Building - Demill Before You Party
    AK Building - Front Trunnion Demilling
    AK Building - Rear Trunnion Demilling
    AK Building - Trigger Guard Demilling

This list will expand.

Participants: TheWabbit, Ricnzak, AllenM, Clay, Duffman0286, kombojoe, Indykid, wuza22, Rico556, Kpquinn9100, Pin, woody131, Benp, Zero_ek, Stubz, Tiretrack

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Same here! I get to add a nice long ram smaller desktop press but weigh more than the full size harbor perfect for demilling and riveting (can also bring back the drill press if needed rebuilt the quill recently). Of course i still have a good chunk tooling ill be bring.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am looking forward to this.
    I have never done an AK build involving bending flats, I thought originally I would buy a kit and participate but I changed my mind and will just assist others as best as I can.
    I have a mill to help with drilling and an oversize press but it it very controllable.
    Along with much assorted tooling.

whether heat treating is done that day or not I am curious if my induction heater is useful for that. Should be

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I am looking forward to this.
    I have never done an AK build involving bending flats, I thought originally I would buy a kit and participate but I changed my mind and will just assist others as best as I can.
    Hopefully you reconsider it's quite a fun hobby! id be more than happy to lend you whatever you needed to finish your build

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Is there an age limit? My son has been wanting an ak. Can't think of a better way to make it a heirloom than to make it ourselves.

We haven't had one before. As long as a parent or guardian is there and running the tools, I don't see an issue. My 9 year old son attended a previous event to watch the building.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Not 100% yet, but I would like to be there. If I can make it I'll bring punches, bits, and small tools. I'll also bring random loose parts to help people complete stuff.

Allen, if I bring you my Vepr 12 will you eventually carve it up for an extravagant fee? I'll pick it back up in like 8months unless the NFA goes away.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not 100% yet, but I would like to be there. If I can make it I'll bring punches, bits, and small tools. I'll also bring random loose parts to help people complete stuff.

Allen, if I bring you my Vepr 12 will you eventually carve it up for an extravagant fee? I'll pick it back up in like 8months unless the NFA goes away.

I would be glad to

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I have a demilled polish kit with a nodak spud I've been sitting on for a couple of years now. I bought a bunch of random ak build tools from a guy but have no idea what all it takes. I will bring what I have and see how it goes.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Singlesix - yes. I encourage everyone to come and watch.

Woody131 - make sure you have the correct rivets for your rifle. You'll need the drill bits I suggested too.

Please sign up. And anyone else that wants to join us. If you have an interesting commie gun or want to sell something, bring that too. We always have a wide variety of countries to look at.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I want to come too, even though you guys fixed my AK issue last time. I went once and had fun but didn't exactly have what I needed to get my Chinese Mak fixed like I wanted to, went back six months later for round two, and got er done. My son in law was there and didn't even tell me he was going.

I would like to invite the INDYKID to go just one time as he is the most informed AK Guru/YODA I have ever met. Gen Kalashnikov himself would have loved to meet the "KID".

LMK see if I can get him to drop by just for the camaraderie.

PS If you have not attended, if you just want to stop by and see the show, if you love the AK/AKM platform, I recommend it.

Top Bottom